will the drought continue

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jan 20, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Into spring? I hope not.

The river I fish is back down to 2 feet below normal, usually we have some rain in late fall and winter that really brings her up.

The scioto has only been up below normal a couple times since summer.

I hope we get some spring rains this year, or we might be in for a long hard season.

2. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope not.I had a terrible year last year.But we still have a bunch of spring rain that we usually get and when all this snow melts it should add to the levels too.Got my fingers X'd

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    As long as I can get out of the house and put some poles out Im having a good year.

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Hopefully the rivers will be better this year. We'll just have to hope and see. Last year it was rough locating fish or even getting to them. Like Joey, I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well...

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know where your at bro.. The muskingum was up a good bit for a while, but it has dropped off hard also. I imagine when all this snow and ice melts it should help. Definetely need some spring rain, but not a wash out! LoL.. Can't wait for them warm nights again, listening to all the outdoor noises on the water.....rollo

6. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Country gold saturday night with Rowdy Yates?????95.5

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I usually keep it silent in the boat when I fish, but sometimes just get the itch to go setup on a mediocre spot and turn on the radio and relax. Not worrying about the fish as much as having a good time after a long week at work.. Country and the river goes well together brother:wink:.....rollo

8. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Definately.Nothin like hearin someone singin about catfishing while your catfishing:eek:oooh:

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I hear ya jack.. 100 %..last year was slow for us sco cats south of chill town hope its better in 09...good luck bro

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Quit worrying....we'll get the spring floods and everything will be just great!!

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i think we will get some good rain in the spring to liven it up for ya jack

12. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The county is replacing a bridge just north of roundtown. I think they are gona build some kind of levee across it to get thier equipment out there. That might just impede the water a little. We will have to wait and see.