Will it ever rain again?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by yellerbelly69, Jul 7, 2007.

1. yellerbelly69

yellerbelly69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i have come to the conclusion that the only thing i can blame on my terrible fishing season is this DROUT that indiana is in. is anyone else starting to think this. everywhere i go the fish do not bite and when they do the bite is very very slow. i have only landed about 20 or 30 fish since may. is anyone else having this problem or have i just lost my freakin mind because of the stupid drout.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Be carefull what ya wish for. The same problem exhisted in Texas and Oklahoma not that long ago.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We have had plenty of rain over in the west central side of the state. Probably more than 6 inches since the middle of June.

4. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm from Kansas... and it seems like we have the exact opposite problem with rain but the same problem with the bite. Don't know if its just me or what, but I haven't caught a fish since early June, maybe even longer. Almost ready to give up fishing for the summer until it quits pouring on me.

5. chicken man

chicken man New Member

State:
    mo
    Do catfish tend to bite better during a steady rain or what? Last week we were catching them one after the other while it was raining. It has been dry since and they just simply quit!

6. yellerbelly69

yellerbelly69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I Think it is just because fish become inactive when there is little oxygen in the water, and when it rains it adds oxygen to the water, btw i just got home from a tourney and we got 2nd place with 1.8 lbs if that tells you anything!

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i hear ya, callin this drought has got me down too.

8. snaresman

snaresman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hope we get rain soon or I won't get any good cattin' done with my son before he has to go back to school.

9. yellerbelly69

yellerbelly69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    ya this is really rediculous. im no stranger to catfishing, i know how to do it and i no how to catch fish in most crappy situations, iv been doin it since i could walk, but this has really gone way to far. rain now!!!

we need a tribe of indians to do some rain dances!!!:smile2:

10. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Here in Arkansas our big cat river (the Arkansas River) is at almost flood stage from all the rain in Ok and Kansas. It is completely UNFISHABLE with very high water and exreme current. At least yall can fish your favorite waters.

11. shovelfisher05

shovelfisher05 New Member

State:
    ohio/indana
    we do need some rain i think bout a day and a half downpour would kick start the fish into biting agin and that would be a good thing

12. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    We're supposed to get some rain early Wednesday morning, and then a nice day. Looks like I'm fishing on Wednesday! Get the poles ready!

13. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    Around here the fish can swim right up to the table. Fortunately I live on the top of the hill it rained 20inches in short order the other night just south of me. There was a road graider setting on a trailer beside the road washed it over the gard rail across Hwy 281 and over the gard rail again and down the creek. Buchanan is full, been running three turbines and four flood gates for the last week. Travis is twenty some odd feet into the flood pool. The fishing is good .

14. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    If you are fishing the Wabash look for narrow deep bends. The log typical log jam/slow moving deep holes are low on oxygen and too warm. The blues like to sit on the bottom in the cooler oxygenated water and feed. My friends in the Lafayette area prefer the low water because it concentrates the fish in certain areas that we've figured out over the years. This is when we catch our bigger blues. The White river dams are also producing. Higher water temps means fish need more oxygen and food (in theory) as their metabolism increases the warmer their body gets. I would still like some rain though - hope this helps.

15. odiebigcat

odiebigcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    the white river is comming up now here in owen county