Will catfish bite in this warm Weather?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by aggie2305, Apr 9, 2006.

1. aggie2305

aggie2305 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'll probably be fishin for cats in the afternoon. Normally it gets up to about 75 to 80 degrees, do cats bite in weather this hot?

2. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    cats bite only when you have a condition called "wet-line-itis"... it does how ever require you to be standing on shore or in a boat on the water you would like to see fish come out of...

Seriously though if your wondering if they bite in 75 degree weather, is it comfortable enough for you to go out fishing in??????????????????

Well then if you find them they will bite...

The absolute best time to go out fishing........ ANY TIME YOU CAN ... if you can go cast worms to sunnies for 1/2 an hr go do it... it'll probably make you late because you'd rather be fishing then going where ever you have to go but still get out and do it... i have fishing rods in my truck and baits for all sorts of fish in there as well... If i get a chance to go i go...

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I think you will find they are biting just fine. I fish all summer here in Kansas and we can have some really hot days. I find a nice shade tree and just enjoy. Frying pan gets some work too. lol

4. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    75-80 degrees is what I would call perfect weather almost. They slow down when it gets up into the 90's and upper 80's though. And there pretty lethargic when its in the mid 50's around this time of year.

5. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    water temp has more to do with it then the outside temp. here the weather has been in the high 60s lately, but the water is only at 55. its till early in the season there, but like the others said go out enjoy the nice weather and atleast give it a try