Will blues bite in the dead heat of summer?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Dropoff, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Dropoff

Dropoff New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was wondering can u catch blues in the dead heat of summer or not.

2. Wade Patton

Wade Patton New Member

State:
    Woodbury, TN
    Yeah.

I don't target them, but usually catch a few when night fishing for flatties.

3. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Yes they will we got 13 from 1:00 pm until 9:00 pm the other night all over 15Lbs

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think you can catch blues anytime of the year or day, but you have to be in the right spot according to the temp and time. Everyone always used to tell me you had to fish at night or in the summer only well they were wrong. I usaully target sunrise to noon and then 6 to midnight. But then again what do I know I don't hold any records.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes, they can be caught during the heat of the day!!!
    I think the only reason that most people fish for them at night during the summer is, Not everyone is well tempered enough to deal with all of the pleasure boaters on the weekends and most folks work all day during the week!!! So basicaly that only leaves the night time hours to be comfortable enough to fish.

6. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i think me and trevor is going all day sunday we will hopfully get a bite lol

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think you guys need to travel down river from your usual spots and discover some new hunting grounds. Watch out for those morons out there buddy!!!

8. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Try to stay cool, it's gonna be a hot one.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I catch blues on the Arkansas when it's so hot you can't slide over on the aluminum seat till you cool it off with water first. Gotta have current, though.

10. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    gotta have current that is a must

11. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    One of the best catfishing days of my life was in mid August, 94 degree bluebird sky,10 am to 2 pm, 30 fish that weighed 197 pounds!
    We had strong current fishing in 45 to 60 feet of water in the Tennessee river.

Cheez

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They gotta eat. Got a lot of muscles they have to keep supplied with energy.

13. bigun1

bigun1 New Member

State:
    tennesse
    yes you can fish deep dope off were the water is a little cooler

14. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I must add another post to this thread. Cathooker and I slayed some blue cats today in the heat of the day. No wind, no current. Cathooker got a new PB of 25 pounds and I got a new PB of 39 pounds.We also caught a 100 quart cooler full of 5 to 10 pounders and a bunch of dinks. Some fish came on chicken breast but most came from frozen and refrozen cut skipjack. I suppose you could say we broke a lot of rules today.

Cheez