Will be working around Greenwood

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by smokkin99, Nov 10, 2008.

1. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Ok Gang I've put the SMACKDOWN to the kitties at Santee and now I am going to ask for some help. I will be working in Abbyville for the next three or four months and was wondering if there is anyone that would be willing to take myself and one other person (my boss) out for the day or night fishing for the kitties. Will be willing to help out with gas or charter the trip.

Thanks

2. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I actually live in Abbeville so I would be glad to take you guys out. I got a big pontoon that 4 people can fit real comfortable on. I'll try to get ol' Pop Pop to go with us since he's the lake greenwood expert:smile2:. Maybe we can do it more than once. Just send me a pm and we can work out the details.

3. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks Buster i will do that as soon as I find where we are staying i will PM ya.

4. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Chris, you won't have to try too hard....That's all pop pop does, is fish. He's ready to go ALL the time.

Hey Bruce, pop pop goes with them, I'll go with you. Deal? :wink:

5. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Good luck up there. I don't know Greenwood so I can't say anything. If PopPop is going with ya, you can't lose as I hear.
    We will get back to Santee before long. I gotta outdo you next time. Guess I need to stay awake to do so.
    Good luck while you are out of town,
    Jonathan

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Alex, there is a awesome guide from that area that is also a BOC brother that you may want to give a call. Chris Simpson of Fightin da Blues guide service. He is very knowledgeable on all cat species and would be a wise pick for a guided trip. He is also a BOC sponsor, so supporting his outfit from the brotherhood is good. He may be able to put you on a Greenwood Flattie, they got some nice ones, I hear. Look Chris up on his website. www.fightindablues.com you won't regret this one! :wink:

Buster1395, Glad to see ya offer to take Alex and co. fishing. You alright in my book Bro.:wink:

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    :0a27: Chris is the expert when it comes to Greenwood or Monty.

8. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks guys i will give chris a call when we get up there.

9. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Dang skippy you can't lose....I had a BAD summer. Didn't catch but a few. I got on the lake with Bruce and pop pop and we couldn't keep 'em outta the boat. I think I've found some more fishin' buddies!!!

I agree when it comes to Capt. Chris. I haven't fished with him (yet), but from what I've read on the BOC and hearing what others say about him, you can't go wrong. He's yer go-to guy....

10. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    just found out that we will be renting an house right on the lake!!!!!:smile2: It has a dock to fish off !!!!! Watch out kitties !!!!!:cool2: Will post addy when i give there.

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I'll second this!:wink: I'd be honored to fish and glad to meet yas. But fishing with Chris Simpson would be a good investment.

12. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Goodluck friend while you are away. I'll hold down the fort until you return...

13. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Ok so we just found out that the house is a no go. :sad2:
    Do any of you from that area know of any houses for rent around Greenwood/Abbeville?
    Looking for a 5 bedroom (or 1-3br and 1- 2br, something like that) on a short term basis - probably about 4 months or so.

:0a31:

(Respectfully submitted my Mrs Smokkin - :tounge_out:
    Alex is there now temporarily holed up in a hotel room ---
    Thanks ya'll!!!! )

14. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout