will 12 inch channels be good bait

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, May 26, 2008.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i know lots of you ue bull heads. but i have been catching a ton of 10 to say 14 inch fish. not real fat ones . would you all still use somthing like that . i have never tried bait so big before. but my problem is i cant get big enough gills. my blue gills are all only 2 to 4 inches long. the small guys. do you all use gills that tiny too. please any info would be great.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Mike, i'm not well versed on Ohio law, but would definitely check before i baited with channels. Honestly i don't know.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    YES they will take a channel... I ran outta bait in the middle of the night once, and while fishing for bait caught only a channel about 3/4 pound I guess.... deperate, I figured what the heck, and baited him up!
    I think that night I had the biggest flat of my life on that little channel!!!
    All I seen was the top of his head and eyes and the tip of his tail (that was about ten foot away from his head)
    Of course he got away :sad2:

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    check local laws first why not rick

5. jlangford

jlangford New Member

State:
    texas
    Oh no,,, I've been eating my bait all these years. i didn't know channel cats came in larger sizes.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ??????????:confused2: