Wildwood

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by xZachx, Oct 8, 2009.

1. xZachx

xZachx New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Myself and a buddy went out to wildwood lake last night. we were out there from 7pm till 2am. It was a weird night. We fished the southwest section with all the submerged trees. At 8:30 i landed a 9lb blue on some cut bluegill. I threw it back out and my buddy switched from stink to cut bait. After about an hour and a half he got two bites in a row, but nothing to hard. By that start to the night we thought we were going to have a good night landing some fish. Of course, by thinking that all the catfish left the area and we didnt get a bite for the rest of the night. All in all, it was just a good night to be out before it starts getting freezing. Didnt get any pictures, just released that one fish. If anyone has specific techniques for wildwood i would love to hear them, i will be going back there but next time i will for sure have a bonfire going because after 11 it gets cold.

2. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I did pretty good on Wildwood earlier this year. Biggest I managed was a 6.5lb. Channel, but never got a smaller one than 3. Also caught a 20 inch Largemouth and several HUGE Bullheads too. I fished the submerged trees, the little bridge to the west of there, and the jetties near the boat ramp. All the fish I caught (including the largemouth) were on cut bluegill. Just make sure that if you are using cut gills out there that they are previously frozen, or if you are catching them there, that they meet the 8 inch size minimum. Otherwise, they will ticket you! I fished that lake around 8 or 9 times this year and saw/talked with the warden every time I was there. Also, I only caught a couple fishing on the bottom. All the other ones I caught using a slip bobber rig fishing anywhere from 5-8ft. deep around drop offs and structure and all were before sunset. Hope this helps and hope you can get a few more before it gets too cold!!!

3. catfish_hunter01

catfish_hunter01 New Member

State:
    nonya
    bump