Wildwood Report

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Huskercat, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Spent the whole day today out at Wildwood. Fished from 9 this morning until around 8 tonight. Tried shrimp, livers, and cutbait. Didn't have so much as a bite all day until around 4 or so. From 4-8 I got a 6lb. Channel (my new biggest so far this year) a 4lb. Channel, two 3 pound Channels, 2 huge bullheads, and an 18 inch Largemouth. All were caught on cutbait fished about 4 feet under a float in 4-10 feet of water (by my guess. I was bankfishing - no boat). Got one hell of a farmers tan too :smile2: Me and a buddy are heading to B.O. tomorrow night to try for some full moon flatties. Will post a report if we get into em or if anyone wants to meet out there shoot me a PM.

2. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Way to hang in there. Going to my private pond tomorrow. Let us know how you do at BO

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    The forecast tomorrow night is for scattered thunderstorms possible severe.
    I can't decide if I want to go fishing or stay home and watch game 5 of the Stanley cup playoffs which for once will air on a tv channel that doesn't cost extra.

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    well the the decision to that will show just how much of a hard core catman ya are.. i took the boy out last night left around 9 got home about 330. wind started howling when the lightening and the rain hit so did the fish.. im not as quik as the boy is.. so i missed a few.. but heres what made the whole night worth it.

Attached Files:

5. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Way to go man! thats a good fish! It's always worth it when the kids can get a good one. Can't wait till next summer when my little one is old enough to fish. I'm living proof that when you start young, it's something that never goes away! I'm still planning on headin out tonight. The rain doesn't bother me, but if it's lightning pretty bad I'll stay in. Hopin to get a couple decent fish - my buddy I'm taking along is pretty new to fishing so I'm hopin for some luck so I don't look bad :wink:

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    liver and cut bait just ahead of the shallows on lake side will catch them coming into feed.. usually between 1030-2 and 330-530 is when i get them hittin fairly regular.. congrats on the PBs ya got ~!!!

7. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Thanks for the tip! I'm kind of debating whether to hit B.O. or Conestoga now. I would just like my buddy to get into some fish to show him how much fun this can be! I got good numbers at Conestoga last summer, but nothin big. Mainly 1-3 pounders. Still leanin towards B.O. though cause I'd love to get me a nice Flattie...

8. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ive never been a big BO fan.. not sayin i aint caught fish there.. just not so much of a crowd person.. and that lake attracts the crowds.. lot of water to cover .. guess if i fished it more often and got it figured out id like it more.. (at night).. but during the evening and day hours i dont have any want to be anywhere near that place really i dont.. its a ppl thing tho not a fish thing.. GOOD LUCK~!!

9. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I hear ya man. I'm not much for the crowds either. I drove through there on my way out to Wildwood yesterday morning and it was already fillin in pretty good. I don't know about after dark, but I ain't fishin there during the day either - too many boats/jet skis for my taste. I guess we'll see tonight. I've heard good things about the Flatheads at night so I figure there's no harm in tryin. Good luck on the river tonight - hope ya slam em! I haven't fished the MO in a few years, but I always caught fish when I did. I'm hopin to make it out there myself this year.

10. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    im hopeing too good luck to you too .. if ya wanna get up to the river or even a lake some time give me a hollar always lookin for someone to go catch a few with.