Wildlife Exposition

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by AwShucks, Sep 20, 2007.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The Expo starts in 8 days.... 12:00 on Friday September 28 through Sunday, September 30, 2007 at the Lazy E arena located slightly South of Guthrie on I-35. Mark your calendars, come and see what the State of Oklahoma has to offer...don't forget to register for all the prizes at the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife webpage or at the exposition.

2. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Last Year I drove for three hours to get there from home, then it took me another two hours to get from the exit to the parking lot three miles away.

Have they done anything to correct the massive traffic snarl? The Lazy E needs it's own four lane exit to the main gate.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Nope, it is still the same old two lane Oklahoma road. You think that was a long wait, try it when they have one of the national rodeos or dirt bike events out there. It's advisable to camp in the bar ditch and try to leave the following morning. LOL. In all seriousness, it has always been slow for some reason. The town used to have its HS graduation out there and it sure added a few hours to the event. I think it's better when you exit the lazy E to turn south on Douglass and go two miles to Waterloo Road. Believe fewer vehicles take that route. Most use the Seward Road route. I'd recommend that route even if the person was going to go North of I-35 towards Kansas...you have to make up the five miles you went south on the interstate, but think it would still be faster and safer.

4. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I would like to go but sounds to crowded to me to mess with. I enjoy seeing all the different exibits and all but don't like to fight the crowds. Anyone who is going; have a good time.