Wildcat Troph-E-Cat rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catchaser1, Jul 11, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Anyone ever use a wildcat troph-e-cat rod,?

2. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i bought two of them but havent got to use them much. i like the quantam big cat rods myself. my partner has some also and likes them. for 23 bucks you cant really go wrong. they are almost identical to a big cat rod with alot softer tip on them. im going to take mine with me this weekend to prefish a tourney and see if i can get some use out of them

3. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Thats what I was trying to decide between the wildcat or the big cat, so they are almost identical? Are they as big around at the handle?

4. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah the handle is just as big. the only thing different is the softer tip on it. my partner who fishes tournys with me that likes them just ordered three more of them.

oh by the way if you are going to go with the big cat and if you are ording from catfish connection they wont have any till july 25

5. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    I HAVE A BIG CAT ROD AND I LIKE IT...I DONT KOW ABOUT THE WILDCAT RODS

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have a couple of the Berkely Big Game Power Series rods, a spinning & a baitcaster. About the same kind of money and they have served me quite well.

7. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I like my Ugly Stik Tiger Lite rods for my 6500's and smaller reels...I've got a Jim Moyer MH rod from CC that I like alot...I think I would like the H rod better, not sure....I also have my "best" rod, a Blackhorse custom rod that I loveeeeee....It just depends on the money you want to spend...You get what you pay for.....Dwight

8. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I went ahead and ordered one of these rods, should be here this week, I'll let yall know how they are.

9. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I got the rod in the mail today, pretty nice looking rod, alot bigger than i thought, I just hope the tip is soft enough for tight lining and circle hooks, Will try it out Friday night.

10. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Let us know I thought about ordering one of these myself.

11. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    The first rod I got a bite on was the new one, it was a 12 lb blue and he was big enough to bow it over, so it worked real good.

12. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got 2 MH 8'ers on the way. I'll post how they do. Don't know if it means much but they are one of the few MH rods rated for 40lb test.