Wildcat rods

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Roadkillwarrior, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Roadkillwarrior

Roadkillwarrior New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does anyone own this rod or know anything about it? I am looking for a decent flathead rod but dont realy want to spend any big bucks. Its the RIVER CAT 12ft CASTING HEAVY style for $34.95 on a couple websites. Is it a decent rod for the price, any help is appriciated! Thanks

2. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I haven't any experience with that rod. You might want to check out the Berkley Glow-stick. I've heard good things on this site about them. I have one and it seems to be very well made, but I haven't caught anything on it yet.

3. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
    I have 4 of them and they are awsome!Great price too.I have put alot of stress on these rods without a problem but i am sure if you tried hard enough you could break any rod!I prefer them because of how sensitive the tips are for detecting light flathead bites plus there neat to light up although i dont really use it .I like the rods for the sensitive tip and good backbone of the medium heavy rods.jmo

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    get the berkley glow they are great have caught some nice flaties on them and they hold up pretty well

5. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I use a 7ft heavy action catmaxx rod and catmaxx reel on one of my combos and the rest are 7 ft ugly stick with an abu-garcia and a 8.5ft abu-garcia casting rod with a shimano corvalus CVL400. I am happy with all these combos. My buddy really likes his ugly stick Tiger rod too. All are decently priced(except for the abu rod) under 50 bucks. There is an article floating around here about a guy that caught an 89lb flathead on an abu-garcia 6000 with a 7ft. mh berkly lightning rod. Pretty sure that is the combo that walmart sells for around 60 bucks.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with everyone else on the Berkley glow there good rods