Wildcat King Cat Supreme

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by nicdicarlo, Jan 26, 2008.

1. nicdicarlo

nicdicarlo New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvani
    This is my first post. This looks like a great site. I'm looking for a rod to pair with an ABU 7000i. I would mainly be using the rod fishing from shore for flatheads. I was thinking about the 9'MH Wildcat King Cat Supreme from ..................com. Has anyone ever used one of these rods? If so, what are you feelings? Any other suggestions or links would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
    NIC

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Welcome to The BOC Nic. I hope you find the info you are looking for.:wink:

3. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    The good thing about a rod that long is that you will be able to cast a live bait half a country mile without throwing off the bait. They will let you turn fish, but they do tend to run into problems around heavy cover. I tend to lean more towards the 7 1/2ft heavy action rods like Pete Mania or the BPS CatMaxx rods. I have had good luck with both rods and they are less aqward to handle when bank fishing around trees and what not. The rod you mentioned will most likely suit you just fine if that is what you prefer. Half of it is having the confidence in your equiptment. It is really a personaly preferance. I just do not like weilding 9' sticks around but it may not bother you. A wide open shore line is a different story but eight and a half feet abu garcia is the longest rod I have. Like I said, alot of it is personal preference. Good fishing, and tight lines. Let us know what you decide on.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Nic I know its quite a bit more, but maybe You should save Your pennys and get a Catfish Safari Flathead rod. somethings are just worth the price. I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts a Catfish Safari rod will still be fishing long after that other rod has fallen apart or broken.

You can check out the Catfish Safari Rods here
    http://www.shop.catfishsafari.com/main.sc

5. mcbluegill

mcbluegill New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC! If you do not find what you are looking for here, I don't know if you will find it; but I am sure you will.

6. nicdicarlo

nicdicarlo New Member

State:
    Thanks guys. I really like the catfish safari's and I like to support small business as well. We'll see how the expenses are. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Wildcat brandname. Thanks again.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Try the Quantum Big Cat if you fish around cover. It's beefy enough to turn the fish.

8. nicdicarlo

nicdicarlo New Member

State:
    Blacky, do you have a BigCat? If so, is it the H or MH action?

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I had one but I traded it to Jude for a noodle rod.

That rod caught both my 30lbers.

I didn't like it because it was big for a person my size, but for a caucasian guys like you, it should be fine!

My rod was MH.

10. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Nic I have a Big Cat mh action topped off with a Abu 6500 spooled with suffix siege. The kitties fear this rod.:cool2:

11. nicdicarlo

nicdicarlo New Member

State:
    Tan/anyone else, would you describe the action/power of the BigCat to be heavier/faster than an uglycat?

12. nicdicarlo

nicdicarlo New Member

State:
    Well, just thought I would post back that I decided on the Quantum BigCat instead of the others I was considering. I am very impressed with the construction, especially the guides. They look super beefy. I got the 7'6"MH action and I think it matches perfectly with the 7000 size Abu. I am looking forward to giving it a good workout on some flats.

13. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I have 4 big cat rods, medium action, with 7000i reels, good outfits