Wild Wolf Products Update

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by akwolf41, Nov 24, 2006.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    I have been busy trying to get new molds made and getting a new shop built to work in where I can make products in a much faster pace. I haven't been posting much due to all that. But I have been in here almost every day for a couple of visits just to read posts. We keep growing here on the BOC at a pace that is hard to believe. Paul and the Mods are working overtime it looks like and doing a Great Job.

Building of the new molds.

The company I bought the Tool steel to make the molds were 3 weeks longer getting the Steel to me than promised. But I have it now and it's at the Machine shop and the First mold should be finished in a few days. After I have that mold ran in the injection machine and everything operates OK then I will have all of the other Mold Plates made and all parts will be available for assembly and shipping of My products.

Building a new shop just for Assembly, Weighing of Packages, printing lables, shipping and all will be done from that shop. It is small but adequate facility to handle all of those tasks. Everything needed to run my operation will be in there. Drill press, MitreSaw, Cutoff chop saw. Computer, assembly tables, printer, cable connection, bag sealer and etc.

I am starting to get excited for the upcomiming Fishing season of 2007. I am going to try and make as many Gatherings this year that time will allow also.

Again I want to thank all of my BOC customers and users of our products. Without you all we would be nothing,

Any questions you have post them in this thread and I will be checking it regular

Thanks;

Gene

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Buddy, you are going at it in a big way, we are tickled to know you will have a place to build the great products that you have in the past. We are looking forward to hearing how your molds turn out. I have some questions but I will hold off for right now. Thanks for the great products that you make Gene.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Gene, show us some shop pictures.

4. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Mark;

I will when the inside is presentable. I am still putting insulation in the walls and ceiling and Paneling and Carpet to install yet. Its a poor mans shop, LOL What I did is enclose my carport at my mobile home. I live in a retirement park and I have to make it look like it's not a business. LOL It will be nice and adequate when I get done. Pics will be up in a while.

Jim:

You are always a great supporter Ole Buddy.

Gene

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thanks Gene. You know we disquise things too for a different reason. The county tax adjuster:lol:

Poor man or rich man's setup it sounds like it will be an efficient one to me.

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to Go Gene! I am Very happy for You. The products You make are Super. I bought a bunch of the cat bobbers and lights at the national gathering and have given most away to my cat fishing friends and they LOVE them. Got to get them in the hands of them catmen Right! Anything I can do to Help You I Will. Thanks For the Great Products. Your Friend and Brother J.D.
    :go: :go: :go:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the update.Can't wait to see some pics.Keep up the good work!

8. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
  9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Gene, Glad to see your progress! I do not use any of your products yet, but want to when i get to where i can buy some. You know how it goes, poor , man here too and never seems to go far enough! I am real interested in your products and have visited your site several times as well as sent other members your way as often as possible.

Hope to get up your way and visit some time as well! Your not too far off, but always got other things going on!!!

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Uncle Gene I am hurt. Man you should have invited us over and we would have helped you out.:cry: See me and paw Jim and a few more could have made that job go faster.:sweat:
    Or I could have at least cooked for you.:after_boom: And to think how good the Hush puppy's and peppers would have been.:still_dreaming:

Good luck buddy and Look forward to you getting back up and crawling.

Been worried about you. AS we had not seen any post from you.

Pete

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Gene, glad all is going as planned. I want to wish all the success in the world; you deserve it buddy!
    Pete, please don't talk about cooking, I can still taste the smoked chicken you cooked for us( ah sweet memories)

Jaime

12. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Newton, Jaime, and Uncle Pete:

Thanks for the post and good wishes. It is coming along better than I had hoped. Pete, Speed is not the problem, It is the money thing, LOL I just buy what I can on each of my paydays from my Part Time job. I will be about another 4 to 6 weeks from finishing it up I believe, I will be able to use it before I finish if I have to. My First Mold will be ready to test out this coming week and it it works as planned then in about 2 weeks more all molds will be makin Parts. I am getting excited now that it's all coming together.

I have just been busy with the shop and getting everything organized in the mold making. I am here on the BOC a couple of times a day but just haven't taken the time to do much posting.

Keep the Faith: LOL

Gene

13. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Pete, I already told him you and Buck were gonna start searching the online obits for him. LOL I told you guys he was OK, just busier than heck! LOL I just didn't know it was true! :lol:

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Gene ole buddy, you look like you are having way too much fun over there.LOL You got it lookin good! You will for sure love it when the wind is whistlin and cold as the dickens out there and you are all warm and cozy in your sweet shop. We are tickled for you buddy.

15. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Ok Gang:

Got the First Mold done and will make a run of parts shots on Tuesday. It looks great and should have any problems with it, Theorectically(Spelling) it will be capable of making a million parts without any mold repair. The Old man that is going to inject the parts for me said that is a well made mold. He's 90 years old and knows his business. LOL I am kind proud ot it. The other 3 mold faces will be done in about 10 days to two weeks on the outside. I got my first order yesterday from Catfish Connection that will he selling the products and parts through their catalog and online website. That should be a great help. Of course I will still be selling them also through my website and be a sponsor on the BOC here. I took some pics of the mold and will post them here for your inspection. there is one pic that you will see where I have the injection pins pushed so you canb see how the machine will kick the parts out of the mold on each injection cycle. Give me your comments, as it's been a long road getting to this point.

I am stoked:

Gene

Attached Files:

• P1.jpg
      P1.jpg
      File size:
      26.7 KB
      Views:
    • P2.jpg
      P2.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
    • P3.jpg
      P3.jpg
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
  16. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    More Pics for your inspection.

Gene

Attached Files:

• P4.jpg
      P4.jpg
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
    • P5.jpg
      P5.jpg
      File size:
      26.9 KB
      Views:
  17. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Last of the Pics.

Gene

Attached Files:

• P6.jpg
      P6.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    • P7.jpg
      P7.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
  18. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Looks good Uncle Gene. I know you will be glad to be back in the building mode.
    But hate to tell you. But the building has to come back down. That one nail is in wrong. so the whole thing has to be redone.:big_smile:
    Buddy that would also make an extra room for me when I come over to show you how to fish.:tounge_out:
    Pete

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Gene everything looks good ol buddy.

Now ya got to figure out how to make them glow sticks, make sure to post some pics of any spills you have in the process of you glowing in the dark. LMAO

20. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Wow Gene, I am totally impressed for real. That is some fine looking machinery there. I can see where it will make life easier for you and add even more quality to your already excellent products. Way ta go buddy!!!