Wild Wolf Products Hook size Question? And poll

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by ShilohRed, Nov 11, 2008.

Sickle hook size and color? May be able to find the bigger sizes.

1. Matzuo Octopus Sickle in 2/0?

2. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 3/0?

3. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 4/0/?

4. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 7/0 in black Chrome.

5. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 7/0 in Red Chrome

6. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 9/0 in Red Chrome.

7. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 10/0 in Black Chrome

8. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 10/0 in Red Chrome

9. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 11/0 in black Chrome

10. Matzuo Octopus Sickle 11/0 in red Chrome

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I know I have seen a few that has been asking for a bigger hook in the Sickle hooks.
    I think I can get them up to a 11/0. The hooks above 7/0 get high in price. So guessing I may have to sell the ones say 9/0 and above in one packs 3 packs and 5 packs.. And more if someone asks for them.
    If theres enough people looking for a big hook. I will check into them more. And get a price.

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Good for you Pete. Thanks for asking. I know that some need bigger than the 7/0 that I use but they have worked well for me.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Bill if I can stand to buy them. And not tie up that much $$ for a long time. I plan on stocking more hooks. But man they have gone up in price.
    But hope price of scrape metal going down will help that out in a few months.,
    pete

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Hey Pete,

Sir can you explain what a SICKLE Hook is? I know what a Circle Hook is, but never heard of the other one. Is this a new style of Hook?

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    check out Wild Wolf Products Site there was a picture of them on it. Tell you one thing they are some sharp little rascals.Man do they HURT!!

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    MMR Give you the link. Thanks MMR.
    Yes they are sharp. They have been out for a few years. That is about all I use crappie fishing anymore. And most catfishing. Mean Gene got them in and I bought some from him. And theres good.
    I even pour my own sauger jigs with them.
    Pete
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/hooks.htm

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Pete. I use the heck outa the 7/0 ones here for my channel fishin. A larger size like 11/0 would be a big plus when I go to a gun fite. THANX!!!!!!!

8. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Thanks Pete,

I see the difference now..

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    George you better have one in each hand. :smile2: Those guns can reach out and touch someone..
    Glad the 7/0's work on your channels. I know they sure hook up great here on channels and blues. And also Flatheads, crappie, Sauger and me..Think every time I pick up some. I have at least 10% of them stuck in me.
    Pete

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    have caught flatheads and blues up to 20 lbs.on the 7/0 s if i can afford them would love to have some 11/0s for bigger baits.

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes Sir Pete, I would also be interested in some of the 10/0-11/0's myself, That has been the problem in past, was the I think 1000 pack, and well I would like to live longer but I'm not real sure it would be that long :wink: I know your getting ideas now, but are you also thinking of carrying the smaller ones also? IE. crappie walleye, etc..... they sure make great jigs, even (dare I say) made a couple spinner baits with the 5/0 and they turned out well. Thanks, going to hold off till next month or so on ordering, until you get a better idea of what folks want. Thanks again!

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Pete,
    I just wanted you to know that I just place an order for some "2 Hook Rigs" this morning in hope of getting them in time for an up & coming Gathering that we are having here at the Ca. Delta on the 22th of this month (Nov.).
    :0a23:
    and I also wanted to wish you good luck :0a32: with running the company Buddy.
    :wink:

Take Care,
    Bert:cool2: (Shania:0010:)

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Pete: I use the 6/0's for channels, and (unfortunately) just ordered 100 of them from another vendor :sad2: I'm not sure exactly what size, but I would like to try either the 10/0 or 11/0 for larger blues.

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i would like to see a 10/0 sickle hook next to a 10/0 king kahle for size comparison... i have circles from 2 different companies that are sold as 9/0 and 1 brand is way smaller than the other.. thanks for your time pete

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Shania Hooks are ready to be shipped and will hit the mail truck at 6 am tomorrow. So you should have them in plenty of time.
    Thanks for the order.

Patmansc I will post when I get the bigger hooks in.

biga as soon as I get some in. I will take some pictures of them next to some 10/0 King Kahle's and post .

Pete

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :crazy: - "Man -Talk about fast service"!

I just wanted to let you know that I received my order already :big_smile: & in time to use the rigs I ordered at the Delta Gathering. :0a23:
    :wink:

17. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I'm starting to put together a list for Santa.. Think I may need to put some Sickle hooks on it..

What size do you recommend for LIVE bait.. Around hand size Blue Gills...

18. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I am with johnny on this one 11/0s for big baits would be nice :big_smile:

19. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I placed my order for some sickle hooks and recieved them a few days later. I got a chance to use them Tuesday and caught 60 catfish. They are very sharp. I had ordered the 5/0 but they were a little small. Even though they were small the biggest cat went about 20 pounds. I think I will get me some 7/0 from Pete and give them a try. Thanks Pete, Randall.:006:

20. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I have been using these sickle hooks from Gene for a while and I am "hooked". Very sharp and the hook up rate is as good or better than circles. I would rather support a BOC brother than someone else anyway, so bonus is these simply are the best choice hook. I have used mostly 7/0 but would use a larger one if available.

Are they strong? well that's a good question. I will let the picture speak for itself. This guy, BOC brother I took fishing, got a new avatar picture on this 42 lb. flathead caught on a 7/0 sickle hook from WildWolf.

[​IMG]