Wild Wolf Products Glow Sticks

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by pop pop, Oct 8, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Man, these glow sticks are outstanding for night fishing. So what is the best way to attach them to your rods? I've seen tie straps, electrical tape and scotch tape used. But we use a method that I think is the easiest and fastest.

First get you some #5 O-rings and place them over the first and second eye of the rod as seen in pic#1.

Then place your glow stick under each O-ring and set to the back of the rod, as seen in pic#2. This is very fast and easy to do and you are set for a night of catsmacking.

At the end of the night when you are done fishing, simply grasp the glow stick in the middle and pull as seen in pic#3. Removal is that simple. You don't need to cut anything. The O-rings stay on the rod and await your next night time fishing trip. The cool thing is the O-rings do not interfere with your line at all as they hug the rod closely.

These Wild Wolf Products Glow Sticks have made our night fishing even better so get you some today! This is your Big Stuff Wild Wolf Products tip of the month.

Pop Pop

Attached Files:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Good idea Doug! Save me a lot of zip ties.:wink:

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    PopPop I picked up a bunch of O-Rigs and will be adding them to our website. For the ones that can;t find them. I have come up with some heavy duty ones.:wink: These will last longer. The normal ones just did not hold up but a week or so. And started falling apart on me.
    Great Thread. Keep up the great work. Also will be adding Bigg Stuff Tackle Sinkey weights to our site as soon as our order makes it in. I think there going to be a great seller. As there sure nice looking , built well.:cool2:
    Pete

5. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    I use the Wild Wolf glow sticks - and the Big Stuff slinkies. Less tangles and less bugs!

I hate getting hung every time I turn around, and I hate getting swarmed with bugs attracted to lights. And, I gar-ron-tee that if that glow stick goes to jumping in the dark, it catches your attention!

Thanks, PopPop for the tip. And thanks to Wild Wolf Products for the glow sticks. That there is Big Stuff, baby!:smile2:

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    No question that the Bigg Stuff slinky weights will be a great addition to the already fine Wild Wolf staples. I love to see a plan coming together!

Bill in SC

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man, i'm really interested in those glow sticks, how long does one usually last? Box of 100 for 12 bucks, you can't go wrong. I have seen times i really could have used them

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm pretty sure the green ones last ALL NIGHT.

Bill in SC

9. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    A big THANKS PopPop, I've been using electrical tape and that works ok but the O rings will make life a lot simpler.

10. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Thanks for the post Pop Pop, as you mentioned, easier is better!
    BIG STUFF Tackle is proud to be teaming up with Wild Wolf Products to get the very best of today's gear into the hands of Catfishermen. Looking forward to many more BIG STUFF post on 'how to's'. Thanks!!:wink:

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Dean, They glow all night long.:wink: Also we like as little light as possible. I hate bugs! So after we start drifting or anchored up, we move the white light from the back to the front of the boat.

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Mine will glow 24 hrs plus, but I allways put new ones on every night, but they still are trying to glow. As far as putting them on your rod, jus electrical tape the connecters that come with to your pole, all you have to do is slide one out and slide a new one in.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  13. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    The small rubber bands from Wal Mart work well also-(In the hair section).I think its like a buck for 500!

14. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Thank you for the tip. :big_smile:

Simple, but effective!