Wild Wolf Flourescent Paint

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by Mr. Foster, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Got a chance to try out Petes super duty flourescent paint last week. Wild Wolf Products has a few different products like Kat Bobbers, Matzuo Sickle hooks to name a couple, but now he is about to add some heavy duty flourescent paint for your tips of your rods. It is not quite a glow stick, but works very well none the less. Its about a two day application, and not hard at all, its jus sitting there watching paint dry, lol. Anyways after the application I took my poles outside to test it out. First I ran about six passes of white light over them and then six of black light from my visor light. Not even a minute a peice. Took them outside and I could still see the tips 60' away. I fish my poles no further than 20' away and there was definitly no problem seeing them. That night I put the end pieces in my bedroom and wanted to see how long they would last? Started at 11pm and when I woke up at 6am, they were still glowing. Not quite as strong but still glowing. So I imagine if you hit the tips every hour or so, or when you check your bait, it would be fine. The reason I put this in bank fishing is because I dont know how much people use glow products in there boat. As far as bank fishing goes, I dont leave home with out some glow sticks. I plan on buying a couple kits that will do two if not three rods a piece when I go through the 400 glow sticks I bought from him when they were on sale. Jus wanted to let you guys know about another option out there.

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Thanks Brent,sounds like something I might try in the upcoming year.Does it come in different colors so I can tell one rod from the other?

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That Pat you will have to ask Pete? I think I heard him say he might have different colors, but dont quote me on it.

4. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Thanks Brent for the info. Is the paint waterproof? Do you think that the tops of the Kat bobbers could be painted with this? Thanks again for the info.

Ray

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The last step of the application is useing a sealant, so yes its water proof.

6. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Cool. You probably know what I'm thinking. :wink:

Ray

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I was hoping that I wouldn't have to recharge it so much to be honest. I'll have to keep watching the reviews before I give up on the glow sticks. 12 hour shots are common for me so I worried about recharging them a lot.

Thanks you for the great review ; )

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    paint my dually with it

9. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
  10. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    can you paint the bait with it so the cats can see them? LOL:confused2::beat_brick:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    If your rods are where they can get a few hours sunshine. They will still be glowing when the sun comes up.:big_smile: I have had some of mine with it and when they have been out in the sun for 6 to 8 hours, there still glowing great the next morning. Now if your only hitting them with a light for a minute or so. Yes then you will have to recharge them.
    I have some Sauger jigs (1 oz jigs) With this stuff on them. They glow all night long. And still bright the next morning. These are were they get Normal light through out the day.
    For now the glow will only be in one color. It can have a different base coating under it. But the glow color is only one color for now.
    pete

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fished all afternoon and when I put my rods in the garage tonite they were glowing out of this world. Id say they got six hours sun light and they were super charged tonight.

13. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile:

o man i cant wait to get this product !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks pette :wink:

14. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    This definitely sounds like a "must have" item for the serious night fishing scene. Will it be listed soon on their site?

Ray

15. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Finally had a nice night here in Kansas so I got to test the poles at the water last night. They worked great, as a matter of fact I got a good Channel on one of the rods with the glow paint. Sure wouldnt of seen it without it. I charged them about every hour or every other time I checked my bait. It doesnt take much, jus a few passes over it and your good to go.

16. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Brent,

Thank you sir for that follow up report. That's what I enjoy about this site, the fact that there are so many great people here willing to help and tell you what they know. Thank you again my brother.

Ray

17. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Pete sent a kit to me to test and I have to say I am impressed.
    I set it outside on Sunday for a few hours and it was glowing happily after dark and the next morning
    The only light the rod has been exposed to for the last 3 days has been the glow of the TV in the bedroom and what light can get through the drawn shades. I could see it glowing in the corner when I woke up this morning.

I'm not sure cos I haven't done it yet but I would think the only time it would need to be "force charged" with a bright light would be if the rod had been in a rod locker all week and you were setting up after dark.
    ...W

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  18. recklessindian

recklessindian New Member

State:
    Ontario, Canada
    This paint sounds like what I need. How can I order it, and can it be sent to Canada? Thanks, Dean.

19. jebrooks

jebrooks New Member

State:
    Greenwood,Ar
    Yeah I was curious about it also. Where on the site is it? Looked under rod accessories,night fishing,glow sticks..Since I am mainly a bank fisherman, and have changed over to 10' rods. Well lets just say its hard to get the bell on. And Heaven forbid if you get it on and get a bite.. I tried to set the hook and about never found the bell...:dont-know: Sounds like this would be perfect.

20. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    i have used glow paint before with out much luck, now i just zip tie glow stix to my rod. which work well but once and awhile the line will catch them. if this works like everyone says then it might be worth the well. one question is how long will the paint last, as far as over the years? tight lines justin