Wild & wet day on Lake Hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fishmccall, Mar 28, 2009.

1. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Had a great day on the lake today Mike, Chad and me.The bite was on all day long and the bait of choice was herring.Caught 17 fish the bigger fish were 2-13lbs, 3-14Lbs , 2-17Lbs, 1-15Lbs and 1-16Lbs the rest were under 10Lbs. Here is some pics.

Attached Files:

2. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    A few more pics.

Attached Files:

3. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    I forgot mike caught 1 that was 23Lbs.

4. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good job guys atta way to stick it out in the Rain!!!! What part of the lake you guys on? Not exact spot of course just wondering up lake or down. Enjoyed the pics!!

5. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    We were in the seneca river arm.

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Brad, congrats on a very good day fishing thanks for sharing the pics and the story tell you fishing buddies congrats as well:smile2::cool2:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ya'll done real good, congrats on the nice bunch of fish !!

Talk about stickin it out...Bambu and I tried also ( stripers/cats ) but the night bite instead. I was so sick I thought I was gonna die out there. Think I've been having a ear/sinus infection but even my nose started pouring out blood everywhere...no lie, but I wouldn't stop fer nothin. It rained bad and the wind about sunk us . Anchor broke its hold and then caught again but stuck us sideways...2 more inches and we would have sunk.....scary thought in the dark,LOL. Was about to cut the anchor line but it popped free at the last second. Wind gusts got so bad that Steve had to go in the water to get the boat on good.....oh whata night.

Did we get any fish.......NO...LOL. Heck we even had to buy bait twice cause the first batch died on us ; (

I'm in this BoC spring fish-off that started today....... and I'm going to start up hard core now..........I'm gonna need ya Larry when ever possible ; )~

Next Sunday the family is going to NY for about 5-days so I'm doing NOTHING but eat, sleep, and catch them cats ; )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I'm happy ya'll did good, well deserved, I know you guys have been waiting for a good day. Like I said before too, that morning/day bite is doing better atm...thats unusual for Hartwell...and I'm sure it wont last ; )

If ya'll are looking for big threadfins look up by 12mile park and towards the Clemson bridge. Birds are pushing hard at 8:30am every morning and I've been lucky to cast net them off the shore ; ) Aint seen herring...have seen a few small gizzards here and there...go get em boyz.

-Jim-

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Nice catch guys!:wink: Thats a great haul, and lots of fun right there.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Fishmccall, that is a great day fishing!

How is the water level down there now? Last time over the lake was back in January and it was looking bad. Have they held any water this fall?

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    its coming up with all this rain but thats not to they will leave it up.

11. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Going to try hartwell again sat. after lunch and see if I can catch one like jimmyjonny:wink:. Dont think the bite will be as good as last sat. behind this front.