Wild Turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by SHARON FLEMING, Dec 23, 2007.

1. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    George spent a couple days at the river this week. He took some pictures of the turkeys at our bird feeder & around the yard. Not very good pics but it was so foggy out.

2. SHARON FLEMING

State:
    IOWA
    don't know how to post more than one picture at a time, so here is another one

3. SHARON FLEMING

State:
    IOWA
    Just one more
    If you look close you can see the bead on this one

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those are wonderful pictures. I would just be tickled pink if I had wild turkeys feeding in my yard,it would be so neat! Thanks for sharing.:big_smile::big_smile:Sister Pat:big_smile:

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    you know.. the first thing i thought when i saw that was this

'if i had turkeys feeding in my yard then my season would be awfully short'.. hell im still huntin them ole turks lol not all of us can be that lucky haha. nice pics :)

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    NEAT SHARON !!!! I Talked with Geroge this Morning and He said He had the Freezer FULL of Turkeys!!:wink: Just Kidding,But anyway the Old Goat diden't say Anything about Turkeys.Thank's for the Pictures J.D.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice pictures Sharon. Our weather has gotten so bad here, the locals will be coming in to our feeders shortly. The pheasants are here now, roosting in the White Pine and Spruce. Last time the weather was this bad 7-8 years ago we had over a 100 pheasants in that windbreak. The mistake we made was feeding them. Attracted the deer and they began snacking on every evergreen they could find. Could have upwards of 20 deer a night out there. Inherited my Ma's dog when she died this spring. That dog hates deer. Will watch the pheasants eat , but if a deer comes along it's bye bye deer.

Thanks for the pictures. You know those fog pictures. We had it worse for longer. They opened a special shotgun season around here for 3 days. Idiots were going out group hunting with that fog. You couldn't see a background after a 100 yards and they were shooting. Man O' Man it is a wonder they aren't dead.

8. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    thanks for th pictures we had some at our bird feeder once and there was a monster tom that had a beard down to th ground man he was BIG :big_smile: :cool2:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice pics ,Sharon thanks for the post.

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice pictures Sharon, Thanks. The one with a beard looks like a hen. We had a hen hanging around here that had a beard. Do you know if it is a hen or a tom? Sometimes hens have beards too.