Wild pigs

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Cattn-Jeep, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    A couple of us from work want to go out & hunt some feral pigs...does anyone know any farmers that have feral pig problems in eastern NC? Or a good place to find some around the Goldsboro area? I heard there are a bunch around Goldsboro somewhere.

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    call insurance companies they will tell you where to go

3. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    LOL, I never thought of that...maybe I'll give it a try! :smile2:

4. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    Downstate SC and Coastal Georgia are full of feral hogs. Check out the SCDNR website. There are number of public areas to hunt pigs. The problem is the cost of a out of state license and big game tag ($225)

In NC check out this website http://www.johnstoncc.edu/howellwoods/hunting.aspx

It is a lottery draw for pig and deer hunting at property that Johnson Community College owns, called Howell woods.

5. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey, Thanks!! That's right near me...now if I could dig up some money...:wink:

6. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    go to caswell county. plentiful up there.check out my pic

7. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    between goldsboro and smithfield on the neuse has hogs......all private except they have limited number of draw hunts at Howell woods enviromental learning center......google it.......caswell co is full of hogs......started back in the early eighties when 2 farmers let all of there hogs loose near casville...now there are from rockingham co over into person co........cost to feed them was higher that the price of pork so they let them loose.......also nc is getting hogs evrywhere now.....1 reson is some clubs down east are bring in spanish hogs from florida and another is hurricaine fl;oyd.......remember seeing all of those dead hogs in the news floating dead in the floods of floyd........well not all of them died...lots of those farms had escapees........hogs right now coming on strong on the caper fear near harris lake........mack

8. 350degree peanut oil

350degree peanut oil New Member

State:
    NC
    We have Russian boar up here in the Smokies, but they're hard to hunt, pretty much nocturnal with a nose better than a deer's. The best hog hunting I've done has been in Georgia-and you don't need big game license there for hogs. A $30 3-day nonresident hunting license will set you up for a bunch of pigs.