wild life reserves

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by uttatoo, Aug 18, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i am writing this because i was amazed this weekend on how little our law enforcment and gamewardens dont take care of our wildlife reserves.
    i was out of town but the wife took the kids down to the diversion dam on the arkansas river and found four wheelers and dunebuggies all over the place and people hunting or target practice shooting all over
    my wife called 911 because of a gun shot that was too close for comfort and basiclly did nothing about the sittuation but after calling the local police and talked with them personally on sunday i resolved the issue and they promissed me they would start to patrol more often
    maybe they will and maybe they wont but why set aside a wildlife refuge if your not going to protect the land and wildlife that is there for the public to enjoy :cool2:

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Here in Pa. they stay on top of that type of stuff and you wouldn`t get away with it.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    That will be different from state to state Gus. Some states have better wildlife management programs so that there is better patrols and management of such areas.

Some states allocate more monies for those sites and for the wildlife and conservation so they get more attention and can afford more officers to better watch over all the parks and wdms and such.

It's sad that some states will designate areas like that like they are showing that they care for the environment and the wildlife but then don't take care of it.

Some of those designated areas like that are strictly political. Just designated by some Senator to help him self to get elected or re-elected by the environmentally conscious groups and the wildlife conservationalists. But after the election the area just gets tossed to the curb.

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    thats one of the reasons i never fish there alot of teenagers use that place to party and have been alot of people raped or killed or just plain assaulted over the years out there at night my wife went during the day and still had problems i just thinks it sucks not being able to go somewhere without having to worry about illigal hunters ,hunting a wildlife reserve ,because if they dont respect the law then why would they give a rats a$$ about a life .
    maybe i will start to talk with friends and see if we cant start a watch program for that area and maybe clean it up a bit

5. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    Well Gus I was out at the lake this weekend to enjoy a little peace and quiet and soak a line.Me and a buddy went to set some jugs and when we got back to the bank we had company 2 girls drunk playing music so loud it was like being at a rock concert,that was bad enough then they started driving up an down the bank like it was a nascar track until they hit a 5 foot round boulder flipped the truck on its side.Then a game warden 2 highway patrol came hauled them off after about 2 hours .I smiled with satisfaction as they went off to jail. give anybody enough rope they will hang themseves

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    well i called the wild life office for kansas and spoke with the person in charge in pratt kansas and they said they where going to have a talk with the game warden in my area and get him to patrol the area in question more often

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Most of my bad experiences have come during hunting season. I learned the hard way, about hunting public land. I have been shot at, dont know why this Idiot thought I was a deer wearing blaze orange. I am lucky he was a bad shot, and he was lucky he didnt pull up that gun again to take another shot. We would have had us a hunting accident, right there.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I will just about never rifle hunt public land. Just too many guys that bring out the rifle and blaze out for just 2 weekends a year. It is a shame that public land cannot be used by folks that don't want to use it as a place to party or tear it up with four wheelers and such. :confused2:

9. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri

Sometimes that's all you need to do is to get in touch with the right person. They can't take care of problems they don't know exists. I'd recommend calling the game warden when you find issues like this. I'm sure he cares about it more than you think.

10. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Gus i can see where you might be frustated with the lack of game warden's patroling the area (But) It's unreal to think that the state can provide watch over the area's you or i might ENJOY most!!!!!!! Damn just in this small town were am at there's over 90,000 acre's of wild life preserve's and it's almost all waterfowl and deer;hog hunting...I'd rather see more police on the street's than a game warden in the refuge...LOL one thing about a refuge most people have gun's ...MAYBE the one's who really care should let the one's who don't care become aware :wink: Not thru violince but loet's just say ...we wont stand for this no more!!!!!!!!!

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
  12. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    gus are you talking about the one out by the college? or are you talking about the one down by dundee

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    dundee

14. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    That would take alot of guts to do something like that and I respect the fact that you are willing to take matters in your on hands. The police and park rangers need to step up.:angry:

15. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    yea that place at dundee aint supposed to have any guns shot in the area. they got it painted up on the dam but i dont think people follow that rule. its not even very good fishing anymore, its just a party spot for all those who dont enjoy the outdoors.

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    went there yesterday and caught bait it was quite there no people kinda felt good to be there by myself:smile2:

17. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Gus i belive you said you where from fresno ...You ever been to the refuge's out at los bano's? There is know one there the whole place is to yourself ..got to love that

18. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    grew up fresno county and above in the los gatos canyon area