Wild Finish

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by beetle, Feb 19, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man that was a great finish! :smile2: I was on the edge of my seat. :eek:oooh: As a long time Mark Martin fan I was hoping he could do it. Darn that Kevin H. Oh well it was just not meant to be as Mark would say. I can not believe one of his former team mates bump drafted Kevin to the win.:sad2: I just wonder if that will spark Mark into wanting to race the full season.

2. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I never was a huge Mark Martin fan....but yesterday i was cheering him on. That was a hard finish...and I agree with Mark.....it was an obvious wreck and a caution should have came out. If the caution would have came out Mark would have had the victory.

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I agreed with the announcers............the wreck was behind the leaders and it wasn't going to have any outcome in the final race results(winner). They raced to the finish, no technicalities, no politics...........just 2 guys trying to win a race, bravo to Nascar for not cheapening the victory.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    either way you look at it there will always be controversy. If the yellow did come out, like Charlie said Nascar would have been blamed also for not letting them race for the win.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    What is throwing the yellow supposed to accomplish on the last lap within the last 3/8's of a mile of race left?
    At 190MPH with 3/8ths of a mile left. Lets think about that.:roll_eyes:

6. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Exactly, even I would have had a chance to win it w/3/8 of a mile left.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    What I'm thinking is that travelling at a 100 yards a second, by the time a yellow flashed if I even saw it or heard about it over the radio, I've already gotten to the finish line.
    At this point in the middle of a wreck fest on the last lap within sight of the finish line a yellow would be pointless. You already had a car on its lid and a dozen wrecked. A yellow aint going to stop melee. The race is over. Let whoever got through it take a checker.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I think Mark got screwed.
    Bill

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i was watching the race almost from start to finish and in the last few laps
    with the last caution and the green white checker to take place i was watching and cheering and must have had an interuption because all i remember was hearing them sasy he got loose and thats when i think he was in like turn three and dang it if harvick didnt get along side of him
    and the rest is history .
    so what happened that he got a bit squirrly?
    did he get tapped?
    or just got loose?
    i agree that a caution wouldnt have made a difference in this particu;ar instance and im glad it didnt come out because if it had there would be a lot of people saying he got the win due to a technicality.
    i think he did a heck of a good job holding back harvick as long as he did.
    mark martin has been my favorite driver for 17-18 years .
    i was really wanting him to win this one bad .
    i glad he came in second with dignity.

10. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    After my tears dried from Stewarts little mishap (dahmm he shoulda had it) and clear vision watching the finish I feel NASCAR did the only thing it could by allowing the race to finish green. In my view (and the local dirt track I have been IMCA tech inspector at for since 1992) there is only one flag that can fly after a white has been shown and that is the checkered. By allowing the race to finish green they gave all fans a spectacular, will be remeberered for some time finish.

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    After my tears dried from Stewarts little mishap (dahmm he shoulda had it) and clear vision watching the finish

OMG thats funny thanks!!!!!

12. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Both Harvick and Martin should count their stars that all of the reall contenders crashed out, otherwise they would have been a lot further back at the end.

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sorry dieter but the REAL contenders were at the finish line before everyone else. or in this case before your favorite drivers:cool2:

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Dieter,with all respect, I disagree. In a restrictor plate race, you dont have to have the best car or driver to win. Mike Wallace in the part time 09 car finished 4th ahead of all the wrecks.