Wild Cats in KY

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by RiverKing, May 25, 2007.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I was on the river last night anchored up pretty close to the Kentucky bank. I heard some hissing/roaring, and it sounded like a mountain lion or something. So I shinned my spotlight up on the bank, and saw something big with 2 bright yellow eyes just staring at us. I know there are bobcats in Kentucky, but this just looked bigger than a bobcat. Is there any other types of big wild cats in Kentucky. I really couldnt tell what it was, but the noises it was making sounded like a cat of sometype. It was a little weird..And it kept its eye on us until I finally pulled up the anchor and left. LOL....Any ideas on what it could be?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    If it was yellow, it could of been DH. lol

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    LMAO, come to think of it we did have some twinkies on the boat. You think he was trying to get to them???

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    They dont call him the Twinkiehunter for nothing, lol.

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There are more lion sited on this side of the mississippi every year.
    Could be. I live 2 miles from kentucky on the cumberland river and have heard sounds like you describe at night. I also pull up anchor and leave. If there was only one set of eyes it may have very well been a big cat.

6. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    There are too many reports of cougar reports in this part of the country for none to be here.A very reliable fellow I worked with had been making light of his wife's seeing one until he saw it himself.I live 15 miles south of Garrison,ky and the Ohio river.Check this old link out.
    Jake

http://www.perspectives.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=5953&forum_id=54

7. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I too have seen what you describe !!!! They are usually harmless !!!! As long as you have a Louisville Cardinal with you they are usually harmless. Especially during football season !!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I am sorry guys I just could'nt help myself since this boy bleeds RED !!!!!

8. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Well you were CATFISHING what bait were you using LOL :big_smile: