wild cat creek

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by foxracer1803, Oct 21, 2008.

1. foxracer1803

foxracer1803 New Member

State:
    indiana
    does anyone on here fish the wildcat creek?? ive been out there a couple times last year and we caught a 34 lb flathead and a couple 8 pounders, i know in one hole there was 3 over 30 pounds pulled out of it withen a week

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wildcat creek... I fished it when I was little. All I can remember is a dam (I think it was that I fished off of)
    I remember carp slamming shad down below the dam and I remember throwing rocks over the side trying to hit them in the head because they wouldnt bite my bait lmao.... Always wondered about that place... That was about 35 years ago :eek:oooh:
    Isn't it polluted really bad?

3. foxracer1803

foxracer1803 New Member

State:
    indiana
    man we wade some spots on the wildcat and its the cleanest water ive been fishing in in a while, someone said its int he top 5 in the country for cleanest, i know we catch some good size smallies out of it and i know from experience that theres some big flats in it

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So, do you know what dam I'm remembering? Just wondering,,,, it's a 35 y/o memory (which is 34 years, 364 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds longer than I usually remember stuff. lol)

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    lol@ doc

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    depending on what section, it does have a consumption advisory on it.

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    John, Since you said you were originally from Lafayette, I assume that's where you are fishing the Wildcat at. I fish it on occasion. There's some good fish in there...some nice sized flatheads as well as about every other fish I can think of. I wouldn't eat anything out of there though, it may look clean, but it's definately not.

8. foxracer1803

foxracer1803 New Member

State:
    indiana
    no i never ate enything out of it but my buddies did:roll_eyes: yeah we was fishing behind the wildcat mx track on 38 i think it was behind the track and the trailer park, if i could get back there i would thats the only spot i know to fish at night from the bank, but i lost contact with the dude giving me permissionif i could find another night spot id be there all the time i know there a few descent sized flatties in there

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i used to fish it from shore by a bridge,but i cant remember were,sorry(maybe hwy 25?). i just wondered around while my wife visited with her family over there. her uncle used to take me out of town to fish at his spot. we fished under a huge bridge that you could drive rite down to and did well. im sure that was the wabash river though. i often wondered about the mouth of the wildcat, i bet thats killer after a rain. you guys ever fish there?

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    after looking on google earth,im convinced that the "huge bridge" was 700w.

11. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim, now that you mention it I haven't fished the confluence of the Wabash and the Wildcat. But that's probably a pretty good stretch. Davis Ferry public access is just downstream of the two and if you go upstream another few miles you'll get to the Tippecanoe river inflow. I would bet all of that in there would have some good potential after a decent rain.

12. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    Heh Tim I've fished it a few times . a couple years ago we were fishing for smallmouths there and got a couple three pounders and had a hugh striper follow my crankbait to the boat .