Wild boat trips

Discussion in 'Boating Stories' started by caatstalker, Mar 8, 2007.

1. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    everyone has boat stories, like i have an old jon boat. 20yr old . it has fished 6 states for hundreds of hrs. but i just cant get rid of it , just keep welding it back up . :embarassed: I had a new bayhawk center consol. got a good offer so i sold it . still had my old boat :big_smile: its as well equipted as any but small . i dont often fish with more than one outher person anyways ,an the jon works fine . its dumped me out . acouple of times ,but it always brings home the fish! its a 14 wth 25 evenrude on a jackplate wth tilt /trim . it gets great fuel econ. and will get u to a honeyhole on time . it just dont like roughwater. whats ur story

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Wild boat trips....hmmm. Well, there's the fishing trip from Santa Barbara out to the Channel Islands (34 miles) in my 20' CC Robalo in 12' seas, with 4'-5' wind waves running behind the big waves. No problems, but it was definitely a rough ride. Then there was the float trip on the Dearborne River in Montana, where we ran out of water and had to drag the boat as much as we floated it. They were about to send out the rescue choppers when we finally showed up.

3. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i knew u woukd have a tale or twq, ever have a boat u just could not get rid of?