Wilber D. Mills [WDM] Gathering on the arkansas river in arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well im going to try and get the pendleton gathering back up this year . I want to set it for August 21st,22nd,and the 23rd. Same as last year. but i think i want to set up camp at WDM instead of pendleton camp . Its alot nicer park . I hope i can get yall to join me again - nothing fancy just fishing ,eating and more fishing . Give me yall's input on what ya think.....robert

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I'm Game! Put me down! We can even pour sinkers there if we want! Sounds great Tall!

3. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    good deal newt , one on the list . we can sure pour some sinkers , i will probably need some . i got some molds and i will start getting lead

4. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
  5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    sounds good to me tall---but u know i'll be going down the white to the missippi

6. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Robert

count me in too, never been there but maybe by Agust I will find the place ((LOL))

Hey we just got in, did some more jug fishing, no Cats but caught three Needle Nose Gar, one was about 3 feet long, those jugs you showed me how to make are working out great, got my motor fixed, so it is great,
    am thinking about moveing the console up front, would give me a lot more room, got my Drift Master rod holders today, so I will be busy for the next couple of days.

want to wish you and your family a Great Memorial Day, Robert,

and a safe one

cliff

7. Riprap

Riprap New Member

State:
    Monticello
    Man I get to working and yall come up with another gathering:smile2::smile2: you can count me in

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I'll plan on coming but nothing definate yet

9. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well whoever was there last year , you know we had a blast . i hope the river is right then and the fish are hungry.

10. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    this year i plan on fishing below the dam - i have been told of some great fishing down that way ,coach said it is 22 miles by river to the miss , i plan on finding out

11. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Tall

It sounds like it is on the White River, if you are going to make a run to the Mississippi, I have been told that I can run to the Mississppi from Reyno, take the Current River to the Black River then the Black to the White, it is about 120 miles, that would be a ((((trip))))

just where is the place ????????

cliff

12. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i plan to get there on friday morning, 21st......... campground only has 21 sites ,so reservations will be needed i expect ..... sites20,18,16,15,13,11 have the most shade ........make reservations at Recreation.org... type in dumas ,arkansas , wilbur mills . date of arrival and length of stay and u can view a map ...... phone number is 1 877 444 6777 ............the number at the campground is 870 382 6391 , but they wouldn't make reservations last yr , had to use the .org number ........... we will need to watch the water level to make sure the ramp is open... sometimes the river gets too low to launch .....

13. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    cliff , i heard u r n north east arkie land ....... i don't know where exactly , but i spect u will come down arkansas 1 from forrest city all the way till u across the arkansas river .....hang a left at the end of the bridge and follow the road to the SECOND campground ...... 3 or 4 miles from the bridge

14. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks for that info coach , i know the park doesnt have as many sights as pendleton park , so we need to get them reserved soon or they will fill up fast. I also plan on being there on the 21st , so i will see ya there. Cliff im glad to see you will be joining us again and dont forget your jugs :smile2:

15. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Is this an open invite to any board members?

Do you guys usually let rookies tag along when you go out or is it every man for himself when the boats launch?

16. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    tag alongs are welcome eddie ........... how u think we got to know tallman??? :wink::smile2:

17. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Eddie i was just a stray when i met all these members on here and they took me in in a sec. Dont know why but they did:smile2: We would be glad to have you join us .

18. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I reckon I could make this one. Dates set in stone? wanna make sure before I reserve a spot . :wink:

19. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Eddie we were all rookie's when we started :wink: only way to learn is by doin. come on.

20. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    jim as far as im concerned -the date is set for me , glad to see you comeing again this year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.