Wife's personal best

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by mmarcum6, Aug 7, 2008.

1. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Chickamauga 8-3-08

Spent most of the day riding around the lake just enjoying the day with my wife. Then just before sundown we moved looking for a place a friend told me about around river marker 478.6 to the right leaving Harrison bay marina across the river channel. I didn’t find the exact spot but found fish deep on the channel transition. We anchored and set out 1 rod each using large shiners. After about 30 minutes and a few questions from wife about how will I know when I get a bite, will I know when I get a bite, and what do I do then. It happened like a freight train and my wife’s rod loaded up real good and she about freaked on me. She started telling me she might need help and didn’t know what to do. I reeled up my rig and went to the front of the boat to help her. After a few minutes she got the fish to the surface and it was a beautiful 12 # blue. This is better than my best of 10 # and the largest fish she caught by far. I think I have hooked a new fishing partner, I just hope she doesn’t start out fishing me all the time like some of the husbands I know on here. LOL
    Sorry for the picture quality I was using a cell phone with not the best lighting.

Attached Files:

2. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Good deal there brother. Glad you got you a new fishing partner. Wish mine would go with me but she won't even get in the boat. Don't worry about her outfishing you. If she does it will be a good thing.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great fish, congrats to your wife......................

4. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sounds like you guys had a fun day... Congrats to the wife Mark, nice fish she caught. Be nice to her and maybe she will teach you how to get a biggin like that :smile2:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to her. Think you got her hooked.

6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Get her to sign up on BOC ! We'd be glad to have another sister!:smile2::big_smile:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mark thanks for sharing the family fishing trip. Congrats to the wife on her new PB Channel. Enjoyed the pic.

8. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I'm supposed to take a friend and his 7 year old son fishing this saturday, and hope the young man can catch himself a personal best. I will take the digital camera this time for some better pictures. I passed the congrats along to my wife and she said thank you. Now we need to work on her baiting her hooks and landing her fish. If she never learns then that still ain't a problem as I enjoy just having her with me. It is a great way to spend Sunday afternoons.

9. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats to you both!

That's one of my favorite parts about catfishing... when people ask, "How will I know when I get a bite."

I just grin and say, "You'll know!"

And then they "get a bite." I LOVE it.

Afterwards I always ask, "Did you have any problem knowing when you got a bite?"

Then they just grin.

:wink:

10. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Thanks everyone for the posts. Richard I know what you mean. I'm sorry, but the seven year old didn't get a bite Saturday. We still had a great day on the lake. I had the younun, father, and new wife. Needless to say it was a great day spent on the lake for all. We had a great time togrther, and I plan on taking them out again before I have shoulder surgery in a week or so. I stayed out until the boy gave out, and almost went back by myself, but decided 10 hours on the water was enough for myself. I will go out Saturday evening and probably Sunday evening with wife. I will post any results both positive and negative.

11. tnsojaman

tnsojaman New Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Congrats to your wife on the nice fish. My wife won't go near a fish unless it is already seasoned and grilled. My daughters on the other hand are a different story. They go fishing with me every chance they get, especially my 7 year old. She can't get enough, loves to catch snakes too!!!! (The nut don't fall far from the tree) Again, congrats on the nice fish!!:big_smile:

12. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Outstanding!!!!! Congrats to your wife:big_smile:

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Mark that is great buddy, tell Lori congratulations for us. I am sorry that we didn't see your post sooner, our hard drive went south about the time you posted and Gene helped us get it back up and running again. We really hate that you are going to have to have surgery here soon. If you need us for anything you know our number youngen, just give us a call. Maybe Lori will let you catch a bigger one next time but I doubt it.LOL Judy always out fished me but that makes me happy for her.

14. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Jim that catching more fish was aimed at you and Pete mostly LOL.I wondered when you would chime in on this post. Again thanks for all the posiyive feedback and I have been passing it along to my wife. She even has two pictures she is showing off to everyone now. I'm as tickled for her as I would have been for myself. She has to work today, but sunday will be our next adventure to try and top both of our personal bests. If she does outfish me I'll just go on strike and make her bait her own hook. LOL!