wifes first trip on the mississippi

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by russ, Jan 7, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    well i talked my wife into going fishing with me sunday, she has never been in any of my boats before. but she said she would try it. we get over to the mississippi & the wind was out of the south 20-30 mph. the waves were so big i had trouble getting the boat off . but off we went. after a ruff ride i found a place where we got a break from the high winds. about 20 min went bye & her pole went down. her first catfish. 14 pound blue, thought it was going to die of old age before she got it in :smile2:. while i was trying to get a pic. of her & the fish , my pole went down hard . it was a 34 pounder, i let her fight it for a min. before she gave me the pole back. she got one more fish it was a 8 pounder, she did good for first time in the boat on very tuff day to be on the water.three foot waves. hope she goes more in the future ( she wont forget to bring something to eat ):wink:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    congrats Russ. Its great that you were able to spend some time with you wife and then she gets a couple of nice blues on her first outing. Not bad at all. Hope she got hooked on catfishing.

3. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Rusty I'm glad you finally got your wife to go with you, my wife is one of my best fishing buddies which really boosts my fishing time on the lakes:wink:

4. Budmeister

Budmeister New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Russ...congrats to you for taken the Misses

And congrats to the Misses for a great catch her first time out

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congratulations Russ, I am glad that you got her out there and on some fish. That is the first posative report from the Mighty Miss that we have had in a while.
    It was great meeting you down in KY and thanks for showing me those rigs. I look forward to the next time. Hopefully you can make it up on April 5th for the Gateway tournament.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Way to go Russ!!!!! I'm happy for you and the Misses and to land a 34 pounder! At least now she knows why you always go out there!

7. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hey ryan it was nice meeting you, as well e1 else that was there. the april tourney is something were looking at, hope it works out so we can fish it. what a great bunch of guys that showed up at ky. hope e1 had a good time.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    My other half is the one who got me into fishing. I've always had a boat, but it was for drinking beer and watching flotation devices. I still like to drink beer and most definately like to watch flotation devices, but now I can fish also. What a life. Good luck to you. Later Andy

9. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Congrats Russ...nice fish...

Your story reminds me of an old joke about wives and fishing...

A guy and his wife are out in the boat and another guy is on the bank alone fishing...guy on the bank hollers out and asks the guy in the boat "How do you get your wife to go with you"? guy in the boat hollers back "How do you get yours to stay home"? :smile2::eek:oooh:

10. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Russ, how deep did you find em at and what kind of bait?

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on a great day with your wife. My wife loves to go fishing with me and loves to catch fish. We are going to go more this year.

12. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Congratulations on a great day on the Mississippi. Glad you took your wife with you. My Wife loves river fishing and I can't think of anyone I would rather be fishing with.

13. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    michael, we got the fish in 40 feet of water near a big drop off. was useing cut skip jack.

14. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    are you going to post some of the pics?

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats on such a fine catch!!!

16. turtle1173

turtle1173 Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Those are some good catches Rusty.

I saw you pass by my house, as I was getting ready to turn on "W" coming home from church.

Looks like the river is going up (again!) 10 feet by the weekend. That ought to make things MUCH better, LOL.

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Boy are you a lucky guy. Got your wife out for the first time and caught fish too. What more could a fellow ask for.
    Mine don't like to fish and not real crazy about boat,but will go with me out on the water cause she don't want me out there by myself.
    Sounds like you've got your self a good fishin partner there and she out fished you too.Lets see some pictures of those nice fish she caught.Tell her congrads on her first trip out.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Russ on some nice fish and for getting the wife hooked on fishing. This is time well spent and will bring good rewards in the future. Tell her she is to be congradulated on a job well done.:big_smile:

19. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hey guys the wife said thx for the kind words, i cant put any pic. up because i only had the polarold with me. it had been in the boat for a while. when i took the pic. they all turned out yellow. :angry: oh well she will have to go again if she wants her pic, with a nice blue. next time il take the digital camera with me.

20. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hey shane how are you. let the river rise, i wont be fishing for a couple weeks anyway. my boat will be going to the shop at end of the week. getting a four stroke put on it. & hopefully my 997 side scan finder. installed. then il be out every nice day. i went up to 7 island last sunday, it was way to ruff to put in at new madrid. ~~~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~ didnt want this to happen......lol see ya buddy