wifes 2nd trip on the mississippi

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by russ, Jan 27, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i posted a few weeks back that i took my wife out on the mississippi river for her first time, it was very windy & ruff out there that day but she did get a few cats that day, as luck would have it my camera wasnt working. so no pics. well today the weather man said it was going to be in the 50s, so off we went. it was about 38 not 50s, but she tuffed it out. we went for a 5 mile boat ride found a spot & gave it a try. well now she has a PB. we fished about twenty min. when her out side pole went down hard. after a long fight i saw the the fish roll. i didnt know till then that it was that big, but she did get it to the boat and in the net. you should have seen her eyes when i pulled it up in the boat. it was only 39.8 pounds, ( beginners luck) all i got was 8 pounder. this time i did have the camera and she going to kill me for showing the pics. of her with all my foul weather gear on, but here they are.

Attached Files:

2. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Great fish congrats on the catch.

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    nice cat !!!!!!!! i can't wait til the water warms up down here .
    thanx's for sare'n .

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    who is that masked cat master :wink::big_smile: Congrats to the Mrs. on her PB, and also for being out with ya on this less that great weather day!!!! And you can tell her that the pics are just fine and not to worry I don't think to many of us fishermen mind the gals in their Camo gear :wink:

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    congrats on a real nice fish. Hope it means they are finally puttin on the ole feed bag. Soon as the ice comes off I will be on the river

6. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like the Mrs. is 2 for 2, rusty. What did ya'll use for bait?

How's that new Honda working out for ya?

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats on the wife's PB.. Now she needs go go after her next PB... hehehe

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    we were useing cut skipjack. 39 feet of water, water temp was 37, air temp 38.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Other than the cold it looks like a great day fishing. Congratulations to your wife on the new PB HAWG :cool2:!! Also congratulations on the 8 lber.:eek:oooh::smile2:j/k.

10. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    It sounds like you've got yourself some IHFP, that's In-House Fishing Partner. :) Congrats to the both of you.

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats to wife on her PB. This year will be myself and my wifes first time on the MISS. I hope we have as good a time fishin as I see and hear that it is.

12. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, tell her congrats!!! If the MO river didn't have ice on it here, I would be out after em too!!!

13. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great fish and post. Congrats to your wife for a real nice cat.

If you're going to fish this time of year, that's the way to do it - no point freezing your nose off!

Nice looking spot, by the way.

14. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Great job Rusty. Hope that 90 horse Honda runs good for you. I'll bet it's quite a bit quieter than the Force!! How did it push the boat compared to the 120?

I'm still on the hunt for a Lower Unit. I never heard back from you the other day, I guess you didn't find out anything.

Take care,

15. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    shane hes looking to see if hes got one, if i dont hear back from him tomro. il call him back.

16. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Your 2 for 2 Russ....I wish I had that kind of luck.

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Aint luck Mike. Practice, Practice, Practice

18. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice catch congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    Tell your wife congrats on the new PB. "Only" 39 pounds..............that's a biggun in my book anyday. It's great to see guys getting the families involved in the catfishing. I've got a few young'uns that are about to the age where they can start going with me on a regular basis, and believe me I can't wait to see them kids fighting a big ole blue on a pole. When a small kid grabs hold of the rod and starts trying to reel in a good catfish and starts giggling from the excitement......that's as good as it gets in my book.

I hope your wife is hooked on the catfishing, it would be great to see you guys in the tournaments holding them big cat's and collecting trophies.:big_smile:

20. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    tell misses congrats on fish and be thankfull for the cold weather gear.if i had some id be fishing instead of on here posting.