Wife went fishing with me

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by zappaf19, Jun 24, 2007.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have been married to my wife for 31 years and dated her since the 8th grade.
    Well she went fishing with me last weekend in her sister pond for the 1st time. (I have had a bass boat for years) I had to bait her hook and take the gills off her hooks but we had a great time! She had not fished since she was 4. To see her catch one of the monster gills was great. She would think that she would have a bass by the way gills fought. At first when her bobber would go down she would crank the line in. So I told her to set the hook and when the bobber went down she would crank the line in faster. I had to laugh at that. I told her to jerk the line. Then she started catching. She was like a little kid. LOL
    Just thought I would share a fun day my wife and I had.
    Bill

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Those fun days are the memory makers of life!
    And that day just may be the first step in a new catfishing partner for you. :)

I get a thrill with each fish I catch. Doesn't matter if its a 'gill, bass, cat, crappie, its the catching that is the fun

Thanks for sharing.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Careful, zappa. You may have her out fishing you soon!:wink:

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    sometimes i think my wife is the luckiest fisher around. she can make a miscast and still catch nice fish on it. just shows that all you need is a hook in the water to catch fish. good luck on getting your wife back out to fish a lot more.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bill for sharing some of the memoriable times you shared with your wife. Some of these women are natural born fisherman. Don't laugh to loud for tomorrow the shoe may turn the other way. Learned from experience.:lol::big_smile:

6. catfishgranny

catfishgranny New Member

State:
    illinois
    love fishing with hubby but he always catches the big one but the day is gonna come when i out fish him and i get to rub it in his face in a nice way lol i'm like u cattledogz i just like to catch soemthing anything

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats! sound like u had a nice time with ur wife.

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Man that is awesome to here. I actually got my wife out the other day also.
    It must have been bring your wife fishing day and I didn't even know it.
    Didn't catch anything worth mentioning though we had fun.

9. crappieguy

crappieguy New Member

State:
    Manitoba , Canada
    That's a great story...met my wife 41 years ago on a walleye fishing date out on log booms in Storm Bay on Lake of the Woods. We've been fishing together ever since. Since we moved to Manitoba 4 years ago she's been out with me almost every weekend since spring outfishing me.
    Best fishin' buddy I've ever had!:roll_eyes:

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That's good stuff Bill! I wish that I could get my wife to go with me. I know I would be able to get out there more...

11. x575599

x575599 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is a great report Bill. I'm glad ya'll enjoyed it.

12. crappieguy

crappieguy New Member

State:
    Manitoba , Canada
    Already answered this post but you gotta see the smile on her face . I'm holding her Lake Trout ..but what you didn't see was her landing 17 on this May,07 afternoon. Better take your wives guys it's almost better than sex.

Attached Files:

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thats the smile my wife had!
    Bill

14. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I ask my wife if she wants to go every time cause I enjoy her company. She usually turns me down, though I still ask. The day I quit asking she will try to put an end to me going so I always ask. One of my more recent trips I had caught a sturgeon that I couldn't get the hook out very easy, she held onto the fish while I cut the hook so I could slip it through. It was the first time she ever touched a sturgeon and it hasn't stoped her from going. I think she kinda liked it.