Wife beat me Again!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Jul 19, 2008.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Well we went on a little 5 day trip to do some fishin. We went up to Milford to fish with Jim and his grandson, and then off to fish with JJ and Lucky, then Keith and then Branden in MO. Man, that was alot of fishin!:smile2: She outfished me at Milford ( hers was bigger) and then she outfished all of us at the Wakarusa. Lucky did get lucky and get one, but hers was bigger.:smile2: She had another nice one that got off at the boat. I didnt get any. We didnt have any luck on the KS river but she probably had more bites then me.:smile2: Then we went to fish the MO river with my fish off partner Branden and I caught a 10 pound flathead just before 9 oclock. I be danged she didnt get a 20 pounder at 3 in the mornin. Beats her PB by 13 pounds and her goal for the year by 5 lbs. She deserved it because she actually stayed up the entire night, 3 nights in a row. She has never done that in the entire 4 1/2 years that we have been together. I was impressed. We had a great time and got to see alot new water. We had some excitement with a bad tire.Its a long story but I think the tire was cursed.:smile2: We made it home in one piece, thank God. Thanks for the good times guys and the help with the tire (Jim and Jerald), and the guy at the gas station.:smile2: Lookin forward to the next one where maybe we can get together with some other brothers and see some new water.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Here is her HOG. A flathead that was 1/5 (20%) of her body weight.:smile2: She did a great job and really earned that fish. But seriously can someone put a curse on her or something. She is really puttin a whoopin on me.:smile2: I have created a monster but I love every minute of it.

Attached Files:

3. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    congrats to you and your wife kyle sounds like you had a great trip hope you can make it my way sometime to try out some of my waters..:smile2::wink:

4. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    thats a hog congrats...:smile2:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Big Congrats to both of ya'll. even though ya got beat, your still a winner. havin a wife that likes to fish and friends like that, how could ya lose. Hopefully i get to fish with Brandon the early part of August and i'll be lookin for a flathead with a bandaid on his lip. Glad ya'll had some luck and alot of fun.

6. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    You got that right John. I am very grateful that I have her. You will like fishin with Branden. He is one he!! of a guy, I never felt like we had just met. One of the nicest guys I have met in a long time.

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    AWESOME !! there are good fish like that in the wakie but i think we didnt go far enough to the lake to get em goin to & from the flats. how far out was she cast out & how long did it take to get it in ?? hopefully she got a good fight out of it !!

8. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    The Wakarusa is a beautiful river. Id love to spend a whole day scouting itbefore fishin to find the best spot. It is prime flathead water, with a lot of spots to try.
    She was probably within 10-15 feet from the bank on a big flat. She fought him for probably 5 minutes and she had a blast. She knew he was a PB and let him know who was boss.:smile2: It was the hardest fight she has ever had. It was fun and funny to watch.:smile2:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Way to go! And thanx for sharein.:wink:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like an excellent fishing trip. Congrats on the catch and good luck in the future. Those are some nice pics, Thanks for posting

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sounds like a awsome trip with some very nice fish caught.
    That 20lb flat looks heathy, tell the wife congrats on her PB.

Sorry she's wipping on you Kyle:smile2::smile2: it could be worse you know!!

Its great to meet new people and get to fish some new waters along the way.

Great pictures Kyle.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats on the PB Ashley. Nice flat Kyle. :big_smile:

13. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Sounds like you had a great trip. You are a lucky guy to have a lady that enjoys the same things you do.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    KYLE THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR FISHING TRIP, AND CONGRATS TO YOUR WIFE ON SOME GREAT CATCHES.

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Kyle, everytime i see the title of tis thread i cant help but think of how many people wonder if it is about spousal abuse :smile2::smile2:

speakin of that.......... millions of women in this world are battered and im still eatin mine plain !! :roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

i know i'll hear bout this one !! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    JJ your just plain :crazy:.........................................:smile2:

17. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    kyle maybe she should be in the fish off next year :roll_eyes:

18. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    I didnt think of that.:smile2: She can beat me as long as she doesnt beat me up.:wink::smile2: I think I am cuttin up her lucky shirt.:smile2:

19. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    YEEEAAAAAHHHHHH ASHLEY:smile2:, way to go little Lady.
    Kyle it was great having the pleasure of both your company for a couple of days. We'll be down visiting you two before to long.
    Just wish the fishing would've been better here for your visit, and the weather more accommodating so we could've gotten out on the Catoon. Maybe next time. Thanks again for both of you coming to visit us.
    Glad you made it home okay with "that tire":roll_eyes::smile2:

20. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Both of you did a great job. Thanx for sharin' (that gal sure can smile)! Kyle--at least she don't whupp ya' where the bruises show.