wierd way to catch a cat

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Mr. Whisker77, May 18, 2008.

1. Mr. Whisker77

Mr. Whisker77 New Member

Columbus, Ohio
    me and my brother have been goin for crappie lately (cought a nice 11 in white one at deer creek before it got too windy...crazy) and we decided that we would go to griggs a couple days ago. We were fishing off a boat ramp for black crappie and within 2 minutes or so of fishing all of our minnows died:sad2::angry:. So we decided that we would try to catch some bluegills for catfish bait later that night (the minnows where a little to small to use for bigger cats). So I cut up the minnows to little-mini cut bait chunks for blue gill and I slowly lowered it inbetween the planks on the wood dock. it was maybe an inch thick, so a small blue gill would fit with no prob (youd be supprised how easy it is to pull on through such a small space). then, about 30 seconds later, my rod bent a little to much to be a blue gill, so i realed it up as much as I could to the wood and peared through the crack. the first thing I saw was those 2 lilttle wiskers and those spots along its side! channel cat! this was like 4-5 feet off the shore in 3 foot water. we had to take the needle nose pliars through the crack to get em off thehook! anyone else have a funny story?
  2. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

Wayne Co. Ohio
    Ive caught catfish many different ways on accident. Crank Baits, Rubber worms, Jigs, Top water (that was a cool experience).

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

Rising Sun, IN
    I was crappie fishing a big brushpile last year and hooked a crappie. As I'm bringing him out of the brush I feel a big tug. I realized I had a big fish so I fought him for a few minutes. When I finally got him in, it was about a 6 pound flathead. He had hit my crappie. The craziest part was that I did not hook him, he just wouldn't let go of my crappie. The crappie was hooked in the lip and the flathead had it by the tail!

p.s. I was back at this spot two weeks later crappie fishing and caught a 28 pound flathead on a minnow and 10 foot ultralite pole.
  4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

dayton ohio
    Good way to get a shovelhead rick