Wicked Flu

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Anyone else had it? Did you go to the Dr.? What did the Dr. prescribe? How long did it last?

Seems I picked this thing up when I took my Mom to the Dr. and the hospital on Friday. Started out with my whole body hurting and a bad headache. Last night I was chilling and then I would burn up. Been taking Mucinex DM and mild pain pills for the aches and pains. Right now I'm feeling pretty miserable. Any suggestions would be welcome. I just read in the paper this afternoon that the flu had hit this area, so that's my luck.

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sorry to hear your feeling bad. Hope you get better soon.
    My brother had some Nasty stuff last week. IT looks like we may have some of it up here in MN.
    take care.
    Larry

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    my last bout with the flu lasted 2 weeks and even for another week or so i didnt feel 100% hope you feel better soon

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    sorry to hear that, i hope you get to feeling better real soon

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Pam has the same thing. Now on day 3, she is finally able to move around for more than 2 min with out hurting.

Ray

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Well as you know I've had it for over 2 weeks now,can't seem to get over the crap. I haven't gone to the Dr.for it and won't go,I have no desire to make him richer. Hope you feel better soon.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks guys. Was hoping for some advice on meds.

Ray,
    Hope Pam feels better soon.

8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

As do I Cheryl....:)

Ray

9. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    yeah cherly its going round louisville like gang busters i had it last week

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It's the worst bug I've had in years, Tiffany came down with it a few days before me and passed it along. No doctor visit, but lots of Nyquil and Dayquil. I was down pretty hard for 4 days, then the chills and stuff broke and I started improving. Missed 1 day of work, but I probably should have taken about four off. It was day 7 (yesterday) before I felt like doing things again. I hope you start the upswing pretty soon :eek:

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Cheryl, sorry to hear your down with the flu. My teenage son got it real bad, however, he went to the doc on day two of feelin' like he was dying.
    Doc gave him : Azithromycin Tablets ( a full course of anitibiotic therapy in just 5 doses). He was feelin' better after the 2nd. day of pills. 6 days later he's up and gone again.

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh no, sorry to hear you got it! I had it, and took medicine within the first day of it and got better in about 3 days.

Zakk:)