Wichita area

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by outdoorsaddict, Aug 18, 2009.

1. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Any of you guys around the Wichita area please speak up. I see a lot of guys in the eastern portion of state. Anyone doing any good around here.

I am from Clearwater and haven't been out much. Had back surgery few week ago and still on restriction. Have to have someone go with me and hold my hand and keep me out of trouble. lol. Kaw lake was a bust a couple weeks ago. Going to Grand Lake OK end of this week so I should have some good pics next week. I am sure my kids will wanna chase white bass but at some point I will catch some cats.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Im in Wichita. Doin good but not great.:wink: Welcome to the BoC.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Matt.

4. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm close to Wichita, fish all over the place too.

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Im a native Wichitan for 36 years, now im in Winfield. Plenty of good fishing around here. Welcome to the B.O.C.

6. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    WELCOME TO THE BOC MATT, I LIVE IN WICHITA. I FISH ALL AROUNG HERE, EL DORADO, MARION, FALL RIVER, TRONTO, AND LOTS OF STATE
    FISHING LAKES IN THE AREA. HANG AROUND, READ THE POSTS, GO INTO THE LIBERARY OF ARTICLES, LOTS TO LEARN AND SOME GOOD PEOPLE HERE RWG

7. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm from the Wichita area. Living out in Andover now.

8. ks-limb-liner

ks-limb-liner New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I'm from Wichita, but its been 3 or 4 weeks since I've been out,
    fish mostly river by Ark City, slaughtered them last time was down there.
    Might go again this weekend with river up like it is.

9. playbaby

playbaby New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Im i wichita/Andover also new to catfishing :crazy: im a river fisherman from colorado anyway was looking for some good fishing close to wichita area within 45 mins and suggested baits and rigs to use any help would be greatly appreciated looking to take my old man out this weekend he's heading down from co!!

Thanks, Chad

10. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Welcome to the boc Chad, I'm in wichita. Butler county state fishing lake
    is close, 30 miles east of wichita, has feeders and some large fish, its also one of the best bass lakes close. I have had mixed luck at El Dorado, I fish it in the spring and fall for crappies, cat fishing there can be tuff. There are a number of small state lakes (200 acreas or less) east of Wichita that are good, Fall river is east about 50 miles, the spillway there can be good
    go to the kansas dept of wildlife web site or to the office at 29th north and woodlawn, they have atlas's of all the state lakes thatare free
    RWG

11. playbaby

playbaby New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the reply what are some good baits to use out their is their any spcific areas to fish their i know you dont want to give up your hot spots but if you could help that would be great

Thanks, Chad

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Chad.

13. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Welcome Chad. I am in Wichita and I fish all over the place, mostly rivers.
    Hard to beat shad and green sunfish IMO.
    I agree with Roger on Butler State Lake. Its close to you and has FREE camping.:big_smile::smile2: Big channels and a few flatheads too.:cool2:

14. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Welcome Matt & Chad. Don't let them eastern city boys give ya any static. The only reason they never get lost going anywhere is all the roads are paved in that part of the state :smile2:. If you can get out with any of the Kansas members here, I would encourage you to do so. Pretty much all of them can put you on some fish, even them eastern guys :wink:.

15. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    And we don't even have GPS on our phone.:wink::smile2::smile2:

Welcome Matt & Chad. Lots of places within a half hour or so of Wichita, bad thing is that is about as close as they are too. Several city ponds if ya like baby cats & carp.:roll_eyes: