WICH BREAKS FIRST

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slikk03, Jul 27, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    WELL I CHANGED MY TUNE ON LEADER, SEEMS EVERYBODY USES MONO LEADERS, I LIKE 50 POWERPRO, SO IM GOING TO RUN A 50 MONO LEADER, BUT THE THING IS IF I GET SNAGED WILL THE 50 MONO BREAK OR THE BRAID, IF THE BRAID WILL, ILL HAVE TO GO TO 65 BRAID, OR 40 LEADERS, ,SO I GUES I 40 LEADER WILL HOG A BIG BLUE IN WITHOUT BREAKING RIGHT,I RELISED THE NO STRECH WAS RIPPING THE HOOK OUT OF THE BLUES MOUTH,SO I FOUND OUT ABOUT MONO OR FLORACARBON LEADERS, HOPFULY THIS HELPS ME OUT

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    THE ONLY RESON I POSTED THIS WAS I RUN 50 BRAID AND I FEEL UNCOMTERBAL RUNNING A 40 LEADER, I LIKE MY LEADERS TO BE 50, BUT IF ITS A PROBLEM I DROP TO A 40 MONO LEADER

3. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Why not do what I do I make a big bobber stop to hold the sinker up. I use a zip tie and drill 4 or 5 holes the size of your line in line up the strip and cut to size. Some times I have to wrap the line outside to help hold heavy sinkers. That way you can use one line and adjust the leader lenght. It is the only way I have found that works with braid lines to use as a sinker stop. I hope this helps. Mike[​IMG]

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Using a mono leader with the same break strength as your power pro should break the mono first. But in alot of cases I think your power pro will break from being rubbed on rocks and stuff. I would go with a lighter mono leader. I use 65 lb pro and have a 50 lb mono leader and the mono breaks first 8 out of 10 times. hope this helps you. Andrew

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Pretty much any braid is smaller diameter than equivalent pound mono. Kinda the whole point that people us it.

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use #65 braid and #40 mono leaders with no problems. Sometime the braid will break, but I believe that is due to rocks sawing the line off. I believe most snags are caused by the sinker being wedged in the rocks or various debris. Tie the weight on with light mono and you will only give up the weight. I also believe the hook gets snagged sometime because when using cut bait the hook point is always exposed so it is free to dig into anyting around.

7. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I use 65# power pro with 50# mono shock leader and down past the swivel I go to 30# mono
    9 times out of 10 when I get snagged I'll just lose my hook and 18" leader

8. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    i think he probably got confused on which line he was talking bout!! probably thinking one way writing the other !!:smile2: