WHY?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by outdoors1988, Aug 1, 2009.

1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am just wondering why so many people hate juging and trotline and such. It just makes me wonder why so many people dislike these methods of fishing. IT'S ALL FISHING:eek:oooh:

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with you. I see nothing wrong with it. I do it. And will keep doing it. Some people think its unfair that juggers get to use more hooks then with rod and reel. There is nothing like reeling in hawg, but i still love floating jugs.:big_smile:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I don't think its so much the method of fishin. Its the yahoos and the morons that think they own a body of water. Don't follow common sense and just don't care about other folks. Here we go again. LOL!

4. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The only reason i posted this is because i see alot of down talk on this method of fishing

5. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I personally enjoy doing both.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont see this kind of attitude where I am from. The people that jug fish where I am from are just some good ol boys wanting to get some eater fish. They are respectful and usually more friendly than most fisherman I have seen on the river. I havent seen anyone running more jugs than they are allowed to by law, because we are allowed alot of jugs in TN. Noone really fishing with the allowed amount, that i have seen anyways, and if they did, good for them. Some people just can't stand to be overdone by other people. If we are going to try and get something banned at catfisherman, we should be worrying about comercial fishing:angry: and water pollution. That is going to kill our fish faster than jugs and trotlines. And I would bet there are more big fishing being taken by rod and reel every year and kept. Thats just my two cents I welcome yours.

7. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    maybe some just dont see it as sporting

8. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    Sporting or not, the fish I catch from limb lines taste just the same as fish caught by rod and reel. When the fish are getting skinned they don't care about method they were caught by. Catfish the other white meat!!!!

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think there is a place for both ways of fishing. Many times I think fisherman forget where their roots began, how they first started fishing, and the learning process. Many act like they jumped to where they are today and all waters and spots have became theirs. I've noticed that some knock the pan fisherman and bass fisherman. Why? I agree we should all do more than our part to preserve our fisheries and environment. Some times a good look in the mirror might be helpful. Just thinking out loud. Nothing is pointed at anyone.

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Why? If I took you on a tour here on the Great Pee Dee, and you would see all the abandoned lines, hooks, plastic limb markers, milk jugs, noodles that got loose from NC fisherman and drifted down the river, and all the other limb line/juggin' related TRASH/DEBRIS/LITTER, you'd see why I dislike the practice. I will say it again though, if it's done PROPERLY and LEGALLY, I see no problem with it. In SC noodles/jugging is outlawed and limb lines must be set not before one hour before sunset, and removed one hour after sunrise, and tagged with the setter's name. I have NEVER seen a tagged limb line on the Pee Dee. IN OUR AREA, I'd say 98% of the people who do it have NO respect for the fishery, other folks who fish the fishery, or the inhabitants of the fishery. I am constantly cleaning up behind these activities, as well as cleaning up general litter from the waterway. Anyhow, you wanted to know why. That's why from my standpoint.

Bill in SC

11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    To some people views.. its cheating, Us people with common sense know its just an alternative method if the R&R bite is down. :wink:

12. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I see no reason to talk down on jug on limb fishing. I have no reason to jug fish because I don't eat the fish I catch only because I am basically too lazy to mess with cleaning them. I release them or give away if someone around me wants them. If I was fishing for the food, I would tight line, limb line and jug.

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

The prosocution rests. LOL! Good post.

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I see your point Bill. I too believe that if done legally and respectfully it is a good method of fishing. I do see a few jugs on the banks that are left behind. I just pick them up. Sometimes people loose their jugs on accident. I am still yet to loose one, came close, but found it when day light came. I just think fisherman in general need to do a better job of cleaning up after themselves.

15. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think the same thing as all of you that have posted and respect that. I'm trying to get an answer from someone that hates it. But all of your reasons are exceptable i want to hear one that is just pain dumb:big_smile:
    Good fishing to everyone no matter what method you use to catch fish i'm not going to hate on your method:smile2:

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I personally enjoy rod & reel so much that I no longer run trotlines or jugs or limb lines....but I have run my fair share in the past. I've been a r & r guy for the last 20 years. I have no problem with alternative fishing methods.:cool2:

17. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I don,t want no one telling me how to live, I aint gonna tell no one else.Different strokes for different folks.:wink:

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I do not hate the method, and I do not tell anyone how to live. Do it right, don't be a slob, and respect others, and your have just as much respect from me as anyone else's method. BTW: There's plenty of slob, disrespectful R&R guys too! I'd rather have one ounce of respect and integrity, than a ton of people looking down on me because I am slobbish and disrespectful. In life, all folks are classified as assets or liabilities. I prefer to be an asset. The liabilities give us all a bad name, just as insurance liabilities raise the rates for us all. Keep in mind, the question was why. I just gave reasons why and did not tell anyone how to live, nor belittle the practice. Again, I support it if done right.

Bill in SC

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  19. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If it is a issue of law then not only the lawbreakers responsible but also the law enforcers are just as culpable cause they let these guy get away with it..Sorry to say but wildlife agents are not doing there jobs in some areas..

20. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree.. commercial fishing and people just throwin all their trash overboard is whats destroyin these wonderful cat habitats. I just think its so funny how people cant wait a little boat ride back to shore to throw away their trash there. It PISSES ME OFF.:angry: All i know is that they better not do it no where near me because i will have NO problem whatsoever of reportin em.