Why turn old and grumpy??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Aug 6, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just got to wonder why some get grumpy later in years. They always look at the negative in life and point out what is wrong with the world. Glass is half empty, not half full anymore. Life is too short to be like this, live life to the fullest.

I just wonder sometimes, maybe yall will have more input for me to open my eyes.

Tea will always be Tea, trying to help out and put smiles on face.

The world and BOC would be a better place if everyone could just smile and not be negative.

2. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I should state this is coming from the fact that we visit older members from the church about once a month. I remember them so happy and full of joy, then they seem very different now. I am just hoping to avoid this one day.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good post Tea, I totally agree man. I can't stand people that don't like to see other people enjoy themselfs. If they want to be grumpy, that's up to them, but don't try to make everyone else miserable.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    because misery loves company... haven't you heard...?:lol:

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I just want to be old and happy in life like many others.

I see people lingering, but no answers. Hopefully someone can enlighten me. hehehe

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Jeb, you could be right.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Because I can, and because I did prior to this post. LMAO

PMF.

Take care
    Cheryl

:lol:

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Crap... I hate raining on your parade... the older you get, the foggier your rose colored glasses become...:confused2:

9. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, I'll buy new glasses Jeb. You are always on the cheerful side, I hope to be like you one day. Or at least put on a good show. LMAO

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    No you're not, who else would cheer us on on here and I need all the help I can get picking on others. Now, how is Deadwood going this season?? LMAO

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea Tea, I know what you mean. Some people are never happy or become bitter because they do not understand themselves. They let the world around them influence their state of mind. Happiness comes from within, it is a state of mind!

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good post brother, I like it.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Deadwood would only get better if I lived there in those days. Lord help me, I love this show almost as much as Farscape..........uh really probably better.

Tea,
    You belong in the I Ain't Right Club. LOL.

Take care.
    Cheryl :tounge_out:

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont know...maybe they spent their whole lives trying to be everything to everybody and always pleasing and sacrificing...now it's time they figured "the heck with it, Im old enough to not care anymore. I'll say what I want and do what I want and I can get away with it because folks will just blame it on my old age!" must be quite liberating! LMAO!

15. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I would say it has a lot to do with feeling bad and the pain of old age and not being able to do what they used to do. Along with knowing their getting up in years and may not be around much longer.

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I agree wholeheartedly, Copycat. Whatever is in our heads, is in our hearts. Sometimes happiness is fleeting and we have to search for it once again in our lives, but overall, it is like Clay says, "Be The Man I Wanna Be". I don't guess I will ever understand life but hey that may be what makes it worth living...................I Don't Know.

Take care.
    Cheryl

17. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Maybe they need to listen to some good ol Hank. That seems to cheer me up.

You can be "Young Country" once again. Man that would be nice. I am sure that I am not the only one "Born to Boogie". It is just a "Family Tradition" for me to be happy because I have found out that "A Country Boy Can Survive".
    Whenever I am in a "Country State of Mind" I forget that I am not Hank, "My name is Bocephus". I realize I am not a "Lone Wolf". Whenever I go out "They All Want To Go Wild" because "These is a Devil in the Bottle" and "The Pressure is On" then "All My Roudy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight". My house gets tore up then finially "All My Roudy Friends Have Settled Down".

18. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, Today I feel kinda "Old and Grumpy" LOL. It's not that often and no one can be happy 24/7. Just gotta start thinkin "Don't worry...........be happy!

19. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Copy, hehehe.

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The answer is simple.
    Many of us have worked 20+ years in physically demanding jobs.
    Many of us have suffered numerous broken bones, joints, and have had many different surgeries to correct damage done over the years from working.

I feel like this.
    If I am in a grumpy mood leave me alone.
    If I am in a grumpy mood I earned that right to be grumpy.
    Every morning I first have to get to the floor from a bed before I can think about getting up and my day hasnt even started yet. I still have 10-12 hours ahead of me working for the man then looking after things at home, and still put in sufficient time on the BOC.

The older I get the less time I have left and the more pain I'm in.
    I'm 39 with the body of a 70 year old.
    The less time I want to have to deal with stupidity or just plain dumb stuff in general. I'm looking for quality in life at this point. Another man's trash is not my treasure.