Why the BOC??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jul 18, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    OK, starting another thread. We have had similar threads in the past and want to start another positive thread that will get everyone thinking and in a great mood for the evening. Just a quick response to each question would be great.

Why do you love the BOC??

Why are you on the BOC so much??

What makes this place special??

What is the #1 thing you have learned that has helped you more then anything while fishing??

Have you referred anyone to the BOC??

How did you find the BOC??

Have you fished with anyone from the BOC??

Have you been to a Gathering??

Are you planning to go to the National Gathering??

I will start this off. You can copy and paste the above and start a new thread with your own answers. Here are mine.

This place is very informative, with members that are more like family then just people on a site.

For the pick me up every day that I get, the members put a smile on my face.

Their love for the sport and their willingness to help other members.

What is the #1 thing you have learned that has helped you more then anything while fishing??

Cutbait, I have never heard about cutbait until the BOC.

Yes, teayswrestler, countrygirl, truckin4X4, Badbeatbob, others that have not joined yet.

Got laid off from American Standard when they shipped everything overseas and had alot of time on my hands. Surfing the net looking for info on catfishing.

Has the BOC helped you catch any firsts??

Yes, caught my first Flathead and Blue since joining the BOC.

Many members, DH, Ryan, tspergin, Gary, Shannon, Steve, Tinboat, Canepole, Jason, Ramrod, tbsbc, Big Eli, many other members that I cant think of right now.

Yes, been to 7 of them.

I would not miss it for the world. I hope that every member gets a chance to go. This is the 1st National Gathering!!

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I love the BOC cause you always change your pic.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Man! You got promoted again! You know that you are addicted to the BOC when you get promoted so often that they dont even have a symbol made for your rank!:big_smile: :big_smile:

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I love the interaction between all the members
    soaking up all the info,and i enjoy the positive feedback
    The members make it special
    Ive learned that im not the only one out there thinking about catfishin 24-7
    I have referred two people
    Found on the internet kooking for catfishing info
    No, but i sure would like to.
    No i have not been to a gathering just joined the BOC
    I would very much like to go to a gathering in the future

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I love the BOC because when you are in a bind and need prayer, all the BOC members are there for you. Personally, I have recieved more support from BOC members then from my own family in recent situations.

Zakk

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Being on the BOC beats the heck out of watchin facial hair grow! LOL

OK, seriously! IT'S THE PEOPLE! It's about being able to talk to friends whenever I want and get some great tips on fishing. There is no shortage of fine people here!

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Well, the BOC's ok.....HAHA! I'm just kiddin'. It's great! I remember the first day I came into chat, and we were all completely messin' with eachother, within five minutes of greeting. Now, where on earth could you do the exact same thing, and nobody get mad? It was great. And by the way, matt. I'm really diggin' the hat. It's you, bud. And don't let nobody tell you different. LOL!

-Red

8. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

I didn't say I loved it ?? who told you that ?? What you talking about boy !!

I guess its the only place I could come to enjoy learning and telling others what I like to do !!

Cause I am getting paid $36.00 per hour to work in here, working like a red headed step child !! where is unfair labor board at when I need them.

Well to be honest , where else would I get to see

...................................................................This

JW is a fishing God !! He is the king of the Guru's he has taught me everything I know about Drift fishing to catching Catfish

Yes sure have just a couple

How did you find the BOC ??

I was laid up at home in a hospital bed and loved to catfish and started searching on the internet for Catfish and found the BOC

Just JW he is all I need !!

Henderson Gathering I was at this year..

Yep, Tea is buying my motel room for me is that not nice of him..

9. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The BOC is awesome. I have never met any of you, and yet I feel like I know all of you. The BOC is just like it says. It's a Brotherhood. It can be serious or it can be fun. Either way, Someone is always there for one another.

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yes I am, your room in Columbus Ohio is reserved for those 3 days. LMAO

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Here are the questions a little easier to read.

12. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Why are you on the BOC so much?

Its the closest thing to catfishing without being able to catch a fish!

13. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    See answer for what makes this place special

If I can't fish, I can at least read and "talk" about it.

That's easy... THE PEOPLE!!! Where else can you "hang out" with a bunch of people that understand your addiction?

There are other hook types other than J and treble. Really, I didn't know.

No one that joined.

Internet search for catfishing tips.

Not yet. It will probably happen eventually since some of us tend to fish the same holes here anyway.

Not yet.

I found the BOC too late. If I don't plan my time off well in advance, I might not get it. Was supposed to have three weeks off at the beginning of this month. Been planned for two years. I got one day.

14. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    My favorite thing about our site is the friendship we have. I have gotten more good information in the last few months than I have my whole life . Everytime I get to talk to someone while out fishing I refer them to this site . I have also show'd it to the lady who owns Woods Bait and Tackle in Council Bluffs Iowa trying to get her to go for some kind of sponsorship , small operation but very good people , she would fit right in . And it's not just fishing we help each other with , it's everything .
    Thanks all
    Brian

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the answers guys, appreciate all the feedback and responses.

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i love the BOC cuz i've finally found a bunch of rednecks and hicks that i can relate to.

17. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    This sure is a lot of questions tea...

Why do you love the BOC?? Fishing bros you can count on!

Why are you on the BOC so much?? Because I have lots of free time, and it beats watching tv.

What makes this place special?? It brings a little of the outdoor atmosphere to your computer room.

What is the #1 thing you have learned that has helped you more then anything while fishing?? The success rates of different kinds of baits and hooks.

Have you referred anyone to the BOC?? Yes 1 person has joined, but the others haven't joined yet.

How did you find the BOC?? I was searching for an Iowa fishing report and found a thread on the BOC!

Have you fished with anyone from the BOC?? Yes, thegavel

Have you been to a Gathering?? Not yet.

Dang straight I will.

18. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA

Because the people are nice and there is so much info

Because no one will hire a 15yr old. No because I love catfishing and i learn something new everyday

It's members and the staff

Probally circle hooks. I can't set a hook to save my life

Yea, But I don't think ever joined up. Not alot of hardcore catter around here

google

No, it sure helped them get bigger. It will help me with my first blue whenever that comes

I fished with a bunch of people from a gathering. I run into bigpapa15206 (Phil) at the dam sometime

Yeah saltfork

I was, but no one will take me. I start school again to. Different building and stuff.

But tea your not to far away and the way you drive it's not to far out of your way!!

Josh

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I love the BOC because it's a family site,and thats hard to come by on the Web!!
    I'm on the BOC so often because even tho I haven't personally met anybody I have grown to love each and every member. You all have made me laugh and cry and like I stated before it's such a family atmosphere,and most of all all my life my most favorite thing to do is fish,I LOVE TO GO FISHING!!
    I thinks it's a pretty special place to be cause you always feel like you are among friends.
    There is no 1 thing that I have learned but there has been numerous things I have learned and I so enjoy reading all the tips. The info is astounding!
    Yes I have referred people to this site unfortuantly so far they have declined.
    I found the BOC just by scanning fishing sites on the web and one day this site just clicked on,the more I read the more facinated I became and knew I had to join.
    Has the Boc helped me catch any fish! To my despair no not yet,but I keep hoping that is soon to change.
    No I havn't fished with anyone from the BOC,but I would absolutely love to do so,talk about a BLAST that would truly be a fantastic day for me.
    No! I have not been to a gathering! I want to come but due to my husbands health that just isn't possible but I look forward to being able to do so someday.And Alas I would love to go to the National Gathering but due to reasons previously stated I am unable to do so,but God Willing maybe in the future I will be able to attend!:smile2: pk powell

20. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Because of how close everyone is, and how easy people are to talk to

Couldn't tell ya, lol
    Because of how everyone can relate to the other in some way, it's a lot closer and how it's like everyone is old time friends.
    I couldn't pick just one thing! I've learned so much already from being on the site
    Trying to get my dad on the site, but he's got a lot goin on right now, lol
    My boyfriend was on it all the time, so I asked what the big deal was, and then soon found myself joining! lol
    I'm pretty sure, in one way or another, lol
    Yeah! Nathan!
    Not yet
    Yeah if I can get a way there!