Why take kids fishing?

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 26, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been taking my daughter fishing since she was big enough to hold a rod and here is a pic of her and I 15 years later. The pic says it all!!! Yeah and before you all say it I know her fish is bigger!!!

Attached Files:

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    It's obvious you two have a wonderful relationship. Can't beat that in a Dad!

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Will,
    You're a good man Will,to take your daughter fishing when she was very young. You're right, the picture does say it all,you taught her well! It doesn't matter if she caught the bigger fish,the most important thing is you are both having a good time together! Those are memories that will last a lifetime.
    Glenn

4. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I'm proud of ya Will....we must pass it on. I come from a long line of fishermen. Dad took me a lot, I took my children fishing as much as I could and now I am takin my grandchildren. The smile on her face says it all!!!! Thank you my friend.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    90% of my fishing trips include my children. Its always enjoyable to see them use the techniques I've taught them. The outings make great memories too especially when we take the camera.:big_smile_2::0010::0010:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    One of the best things ,we as parents can do is introduce our kids to the outdoors. If we dont they learn from school just what the anti's want them to.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Great Job Pop!, thats what is is all about in my book anyway, so, is she baitin yer hook now?..LOL

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Not yet but she baits her own!!

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My daughter is Ten and she will bait her own hook ,most times .Especially if its worms or crawdads

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've got a 5 year old son that can outfish 90% of the adults in the country. He knows his stuff. That's one fishin' little rascal. He does it all, except throw the castnet & tie his own equipment. He helps me catch bait (he's the shad picker-upper) and he's pretty darn good at casting his Zebo rod & reels. I've got bobbers and fishing line hanging in trees all over my yard to prove how much he's practiced.

He's going pig hunting with me tonight. He's getting pretty good at being quiet, we're working on the sitting still stuff. He also needs work on his self-control, he wants me to kill every deer he sees. There's a buck daddy!!! Shoot him!!! Son, we don't kill little ones, remember? It's a BUCK!!! SHOOT HIM!!! No, just wait a little longer.

Here's a picture of him with a 12 pointer I killed last year:

Attached Files:

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish.