Why so long between PM's?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Sep 13, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I was just curious why it says I have to wait a million seconds between Private Messages? Is it so the server doesn't get all jammed up or what? I have a good friend that uses a school computer so he's on a time allotment and we chat that way but can only get a few PM's to him till he has to sign off! Just frustrating anyway. Anyone know why?

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We're broke...I think someone is trying to fix us.

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would guess the more people and the more talk, the greater strain on the server. Private messages is probally not a big priority for the BOC. Public messages are. Why use the service up for the minimum. Thats a guess, I have no inside information.:crazy:

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    There have been some server problems and the company is working diligently to fix them. All should be right again within a day or two.

5. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    There is a mandatory time period between PMs (I don't believe it was originally a million seconds though) that was put into the system to prevent someone from joining, accessing the membership list, and sending a bunch of spam to every member. I also believe there is a maximum number of PMs that you can send in a 24 hour period also, old age has gotten the best of me and I cannot remember what that maximum is but I believe it is around 15 or 20 (or some other very reasonable number). Again it is to prevent spam.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Tom and everyone Thanks for the info. I have just recently started using the PM's so I know ziltch about them.

7. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    its the time period that the message travels and is reviewed and reaches its destination....

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    There is a limit and server has had some problems. Even my short visits , I have read about the server problems and some things may not be up to full par until after the N.G.ing is over.
    What ever the limits are, I aint worried about cause I dont limit out anyway. LOL

Chill out till , I'm guessing, next week or so. Make the best of posting till they get r done an they will.

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    That has nothing to do with it, it's like Tom said it's all about spammers.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    If its to keep spam off it alright by me:cool2: