Why Not To Fish During A Full Moon!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Feb 21, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I almost forgot about this one, but I think you may enjoy this as well. This took place about 4 or 5 years ago, during a local fishing tournament. It was early April, and the first signs of spring had arrived. Along with the green leaves, and chirping birds came the early season rain and highwater on the river. Me and my fishing partner headed to the river to drop our boat in on that evening for another saturday night local fishing tournament. After we launched we made a short run up river against the fairly strong current until we reached our destination to start the evening. Upon arriving, we got tied in on the channel side of the river in some timber, and baited up hopefully for some pre-dark action. We weren't there very long and we heard another boat coming upstream from behind. As it came around the bend it was clear who it was, another local river rat that lives a few miles downstream on the river. He also was signed up for the tournament that night. As he came closer, the motored slowed, and it was clear that he was gonna fish the same area that I had already got to. He had a beer in hand, and raised it in the air acknowledging who we were, and then circled around to stop directly across from where we were. No, problem we thought, he wasn't crowding us at all, and we planned on jumping spots anyways. Now, this is where it gets interesting! This guy is a great guy, but he has proved to be one of the best beer drinking fishermen known around. Well he quickly stood, setting his beer down on the seat of his small 14 foot jon boat and did the unexpected!!! From the bottom of his boat he came up with a 12in. cement block with rope tied from it for his anchor. And then, out of nowwhere.. takes off running, jumping the middle seat without a problem I must add, and abruptly hits the bow, in and attenpt to heave his homemade device as far as he can. Well, I'm not the smartest individual, but if there was ever anything I have ever witnessed this was one for us to say needlessly," we seen it coming!" :smile2: Well, the block went straight, the front of the boat went right, and he went left. I have never seen a person defy gravity the way he did! His arms must have windmilled five times before he hit the water! The laughing was delayed due to the time of the season. The water temps. were in the low 60's if that, and the river was swollen. I was getting things together to attempt a rescue effort, when all of a sudden he emerged throwing himself back into the tiny boat with no problem! That was the next thing, that amazed me! How did he just do that? I asked my partner! I could not have gotten back into that boat without tipping it! Well, all is well now,,, so we thought!:eek:oooh: His next actions simply crossed the lines of all integrity and self pride. He started stripping his closes off in the boat, between every article being removed he sipped on a new beer he gracefully opened. I'm thinking, why doesn't he simply ride down stream home and change his clothes and come back? Well at this point, we are in tears laughing looking at a 40 year old man, gut hanging out, wearing his soaked whitey tighty underwear! Nothing else on! As he stands there in the wobbling boat, beer in hand, he yells over," It's gonna be a cold one tonight!" .... I was lost for words, and my buddy also. If that wasn't bad enough, he sat down baited his poles and started fishing.. We all claim to be hardcore fishermen, but this guy just raised the bar!! lol.. Well we sat there cracking jokes etc. for around a half an hour, when he stands again! Gets into his cooler gets another beer, then decides to relieve his full bladder. He didn't just let the little member sneak out.. NO! HE TAKES the last bit of clothing off, throwing them down in the boat to yell," Thats the only damn thing left that ain't dry!" At this point, we could not stomach anymore. We pulled anchor fired up and left for better area! The fishing may have been better in that spot that night, but the scenery certainly wasn't! He never did make it to the weigh-in that night, thank goodness, and we of course being good people didn't speak a word to anyone about fishing during the full-moon!!!!!:smile2: rollo

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO!!! That was one of the funniest stories I've ever heard!!! Almost makes me glad I don't drink anymore...:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Now that was good one for sure. Just goes to show that drinking and boating don't mix.
    Makes you wish you'd had a Vidieo Camera along don't it.:big_smile:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats one for the ages, I would have liked to see that fall out of the boat!

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think that immage is best just burned into two minds, LOL!!! I am a very visual person and, stories like this don't help!!! I sat here and visualized the whole thing happening and I left when he took off the first layer, LMAO!!!!

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LMAO! We wanted to leave, but i was kinda affraid he was gonna fall in again! :smile2: after he took the undies off, I decided it didn't much matter anymore.. I wasn't dragging a naked drunk into my boat!:smile2::big_smile: rollo

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    TMI, WAY TMI, You need some help brother from another Mothers, Sisters, Aunts, Unlces, Step Brothers, fatherinlaw, girlfriends, daddy .. :eek:oooh:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've known that for a while:wink: LMFAO! That hopefully was the worst experience we will ever deal with on the water! rollo

9. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glad he wasnt hurt!:eek:oooh: It takes ALL kinds of folks to make up this world!

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, I froze my butt off that night and with the shrinkage I had, there was no use in going to the weigh in and the best part was that after i stripped down, those guys in my favorite spot up and left. I tell ya its getting harder and harder to get folks out of my favorite spots, who know what ill have to do next time.:wink:

Salmonid

11. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    That is hilarious. I bet it did make for a bad night fishing the full moon. It's tuff trying to be an acrobat on a jon boat. Especially when your drinkin.:smile2::smile2:

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    That is almost enough to make a guy stop fishing ......... LOL .... Garry- :cool2:

13. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats a good one.As i can only laugh.

14. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    That was so funny! :smile2: Thanks for the laugh, Rollo

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That was funny.
    But I fish with a full moon at time. That is until I pull my pants up.:eek:oooh:
    pete

16. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    now that is a funny story..lmao

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    like the old saying," Don't be that guy." ... it took us a while to clear our minds on that one:smile2: rollo

18. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would be lmao on the river if that happend to me.

19. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    great story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i wish i had a video! bet i could have been on America's Funniest home videos. The best part was him jumping the middle seat, he looked like a track athlete! LOL...rollo