why no kerr lake reports?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Brian D, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    maybe everyone is crappie fishin,just havent seen any kerr reports in awhile.With the lake up and down,thought I might give the crappie chasin a break and try for some blues this weekend.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    one word say's it all...........WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................................been blowing hard every day for 3 weeks solid no need driving over there if i cant fish where i want too:wink::tounge_out::eek:oooh: We will be back though soon...

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I was gonna say WIND but Sam beat me too it.:confused2:

Come to think of it the #$%#@!! WIND ALWAYS blows there in that godforsaken state of OKIEHOMIE doesn't it?????:angry:

4. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes skip "Gods-country" !!!:tounge_out::wink::smile2: The wind will blow:wink: You guy's need a Kerr Lake up your way so ya can have a "little" excitement!!:0a5:

5. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Ok Kerr report...a fresh one!!!:wink: Me and Regan (baitboat) went friday ...Johnny & sir-charles were there too...going CRAPPIE FISHING?????????????????:eek:oooh: I may be looking for a new tournament partner since Johnny has lost what little mind is left!!!!!:eek:oooh::wink::tounge_out: Well anyway my boat busted about 6 blues in the head.....regan lost 3 around the 5-10lb mark:wink: Then we were just getting ready to move & my rod kept twitching LOL!! So i gave it the ol'e sweeping hook set with my Team-catfish 8/0's ( that seem to be a topic of debate on another thread :tounge_out:) well it was on!!! Felt like i had a massive tree swimming slowly on the bottom.....Regan drew intrest as he saw my braided line do a little swirl, negating the fact it was a log:smile2: Finally got it at the boat and pulled with all i had my 8 ft rod was doubled....thought she was gonna go ......but it held with pure-backbone....then "it" surfaced......@#$%^ the bed!!!!! It was a logger head turtle............a MASSIVE turtle!!! Regan quit fooling around and wondered what to do .....He was reaching for the teamcatfish grippers!!! lol I said He will take those grippers and your left fore-arm to go with it!!!! He put them down....and grabbed the digital camera!!! Wise move....we gussed the turtle bigger than a # 9 washtub & going a minimum of 80lbs easily..His head was bigger than a planters peanut can around..your fist could fit in his mouth with plenty to spare....we got pictures and are gonna post them soon..he has to get the chip to Johnny & wait for him to post them....they should be something to see......The turtle was released un-harmed to mangle someone noodling for catfish.......:confused2:

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    post them pics, Big Sam!:big_smile:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Boy, go crappie fishing one time in 30 years:eek:oooh::smile2:, Even crappie fishing I still managed to catch a nice channel cat :smile2:. That should do me for another 30 years for crappie fishing:wink:, caught 2 bass, 3 crappie, 1 channel cat and no LOGGER HEADS:smile2:. When they get me the chip, i'll post the pics of Sam's new personal best:smile2:. He's been telling me he was going to catch an 80 lber but damn :eek:oooh:.

8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Dang you didnt tell me you were BASS FISHING TOO!!!!!:eek:oooh: He is off the deep end folks!!! I should have been more specific on the species that i would catch weighing 80lbs:wink:

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sam ya threw back some of the best eating in the lake.congrats on the new pb. :cool2:

10. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well I was all fired up with the team catfish grippers until the monster
    surfaced . :embarassed: No way in hel-was I gonna grab that dude:smile2: He had a
    nose that looked like a dog nose:roll_eyes:. Very exciting trip. On another note
    I was throwing my 7ft shad net thur for the kerr trip landed a 22lber
    spoonbill . I like to snagg them but them nets are for shad and skipies:smile2:
    I have not looked at the pics yet so i cant say what I captured for sure.
    Big Sam was on cloud nine thats for sure:smile2:

11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Dammitt man i forgot about Regans photography-skills:eek:oooh: There aint no telling what the Hell he took pictures of:wink: He is easily distracted:smile2::tounge_out:

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I know there dang good eating poisionpits grandpa used to clean em' and eat em'...There was a couple of factors that kept us from it....

A. If i would have got him all the way in the boat Regan would have dam sure come out of it!!!:wink: ( NOT SURE ON HIS SWIMMING SKILLS)

B. There could have been personal injury issues ( amputation if those jaws got ya)!!!!

C. He had to be 100 yrs old....& deserved to live:wink:

D. Never heard of a personal best on logger-heads???:tounge_out:

E. Hey Commando can we start a Logger-Head hall of fame????:0a34:

13. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    You got that right one of us would have to go:embarassed: if he got in the boat:smile2:

14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Exactly:eek:oooh: where the HELL was Johnny when we needed him desperately:misdoubt: Oh yeah he was CRAPPIE FISHING!!!:tounge_out:

15. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    That's awesome! I'm on pins and needles waiting for the pics

16. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Reagan, when are ya going to get me your camera? I'll post the pics on this thread or start another one in the logger head hall of fame for Sam's new personal best :wink::smile2:. Boy, go crappie fishing one time in 30 years :roll_eyes::wink::smile2:.

17. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR