Why Jim is better than Woody!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by catfishrollo, Nov 17, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After watching the Buckeyes rebound from a loss to a very under-ranked Illonois, I have a great respect for Ohio State coach Jim Tressel for once again not only managing the clock and the game, but for showing respect and consideration for the opponent. Anyone!! that lives in the state of Ohio or Michigan understand what this game means to everyone in their state!! i could care if we play in Joe Bobb's Portable Pig Sludge Slammin Winner take all Bowl!! Ohio State could have shown a better throw/pass combo in the last quarter and a half. But, Jim showed once again the Buckeyes will never have a high scoring offense once again, not because of lack of talent. But.. because of the motto one point is as good as a hundred. Take the legend Woody Hayes for example...GREAT! maybe the greatest. the man had a passion for winning and beating michigan badly! However! I will take Class over Style!! I know there were fines last week after our loss, and my feeling is alot of emotions ran high. Hats off to Coach Tress. not only for kicking michigans butt again, but for doing it his way!!!!! rollo

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Great post Jason, different coaches have their styles and I still dont know if I really like Tressels I mean the nail biting gets to you after their gone LOL. I like his class and how he treats the players of both teams. JT is very good at his job and what I like is after he is ahead its all about the defense and letting them do thier job and usually look good doing it.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i guess i was really impressed with the after game comments about michigan being beat up with injuries and the game they played with hurt good players. he said alot about the wolverines and wasn't prouding his team at anyway...rollo

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The best part about the Tressel teams nail-biting is that they end up winning. With the Cooper coached teams they would start to tremble and buckle every time they had a lead and tried to defend it. Cooper coached teams had players that should have won 2 or 3 national championships, They couldn't even get close because of Coopers fear of Michigan. Tressel on the other hand spits in the eye and stomps Michigan.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    did you all see michigan's fans crying like their world just ended? lol im thinkin its just another appy state butt kickin! lol rollo

6. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    During the game yesterday we were talking about how you NEVER hear tressel bad-mouthing another team.. he's always building them up, no matter if it's Akron or Michigan.

He is definitely a class act!

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I remember the press one time asking Woody how come he went for a two point conversion when he was beating Michigan bad at the end of the game. He said and I quote because I couldnt go for three,thats how bad he hated Michigan. lol God rest his soul he hated them with a passion. Thats something tressel would never do. But both coaches are doing and did a great job. Woody just got all caught up in the game that was his downfall finally and it got him fired.