Why Is This Sport So Hard And ADDICTING?

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by channelcat_tracker, May 19, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    anyone know why i spend time looking for potential fur spots? anyone know why that PETA group is trying to prevent us of enviornmental control for the animals? anyone know why I LOVE THE OUTDOORS?? thanks for looking here!

2. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    #1- So you can catch some fur this coming season. True sportsmen & women are dedicated to thier sport and to their quarry. Trapping isn't just setting traps....fishing isn't just hooking a fish, and hunting isn't just shooting your game.......it's all a lifestyle, and we're all yesterdays "Pioneers" today. It's being an actual part of nature & caring enough about it to have a hand in it's betterment.

#2- Because they are uneducated regarding the truth, and are warped in their thinking. They think leaving animals populations uncontrolled is "cute" & humane....well, have you ever seen a coyote or fox that's died a horrible death from mange? It isn't "cute" or humane at all! The lack of controlling animals such as beaver, as in states where "realistic" trapping methods have been lost, end-up costing taxpayers millions of dollars in damaged & lost property, as well as paying someone to get rid of the problem......something trappers do for free (and even buy the licenses to do so).

PETA & those like them are nothing more than cults.......lol....you ever hear of Timothy Treadwell? He was the fruitcake that "lived with the bears" in Alaska........until he & his girlfriend became bear scat.....too bad he had to take an innocent life along with his own :roll_eyes:

#3- We're (outdoorsmen & women) normal.....it's everyone else that's nuts :wink:

Smitty

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Some of the greatest fun I have had in my life when I was in the swamp walking my trap line.Now someone tell me how many peta-treehuggers have or would walk off into a swamp alone in the dead of winter every day all winter.I'll bet the answer is 0 cause them people are to scared to do it and don't know and will never find out what the real outdoors,woods and wildlife is about.

4. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    you guys are exactly correct! im still ticked off bout my hunting and trapping grounds leaving. i think i should hold an anti peta convention soon. this is just horrible what they are doing.

5. trapperboy

trapperboy New Member

State:
    illinois
    1st of all i think peta is a bunch of gooks who are thinking that they are gonna save the world bye elminating trapping hunting fishing and all other game taking practices which they cant.

2nd i was hooked since i found a trap in my grampaws barn and set it at a pond and cought a snapping turtle that eventually turned into trapping coon muscrat mink and every thing else that has fur that i can trap around here

and you allways want better locations when your trapping (or at least i do) to try to double or triple your catches.

justice