Why is gasoline $2.99 a gallon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I have not seen the likes of this before and I'm sure you haven't either. Now we all can see the masterpiece of the desert. Wow!

AN ENGINEERING MASTERPIECE

During the construction phase......

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

All finished. Notice the palm trees outside..........

Remember, this is in the middle of the desert.... The very HOT desert where temperatures get up to 120 degrees.....

Unbelievable!

But true..

The INSIDE view:

Why is gasoline $2.99 a gallon for regular unleaded??????
    So they can ski in the desert, that's why!
    Are we stupid or what!

:cat:

2. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Why is gasoline $2.99 a gallon

:cat:

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

:sweat: :eek:h: :hell_boy: :0a28: :0a18: :eek:h: Is all I can say to that.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Everyone needs indoor skiing right? Wait no they don't.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Simple 101 stuff, Cause we live in a free country. :tounge_out:

6. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    when the president is an oilman he sure aint going out of his way to help the common man and take cash out of his pocket and the pockets of all his pals.

7. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The way to get the price of gas to drop is simple. The consumer must get together and pick a provider..say Exonx, Shell...etc.

Then no one in the USA buys anything from them for a month. Nothing, zip, ziltch nothing that they sell.

They will start dropping their price to sell stuff. When they get low enough, buy only from them.

The other providers will have to start dropping their prices to get customers back.

I said it was simple, but it would not be easy.

Robert

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    its simply GREED ,snow in the sand bout the same price as ice in h#ll

9. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    WHAT THE ????? I'll like to see that same picture after we bomb it in our next war!!!!!!!

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good one Ernest!

Never saw those pictures before... about right, they are the ones that are really making it off us.

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I think it would work in theory...the problem is gettign everyone to do it.

Whatever happened to United We Stand!

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree totally, if we as a nation would refuse to buy gas anywhere at these redicoulous prices,they'd all come down pretty fast. But we are so used to getting in our trucks cars ,minivans,SUV's ECT ECT that we just blindly go and buy the stuff. I know I can't afford the stuff,and I"m thinking very seriously of purchasing a motorcycle and taking driving lessons as I have never driven one before.But my goodness I hear that you can get where you need to go and it's a whole lot cheaper than putting it in a car or truck. Thats just my 2 cents!!:roll_eyes:

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Man! That just chaps my hide :angry: :crazy: Betcha this time next year $2.99 gas will seem like a deal :eek:oooh:

14. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    that true???? now yea got me thinkin as to who is cheatin who!?!?!?!

15. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Its simple supply and demand. People just need to figure out a way to drive less. The UAE had money to build a billion of those ski places before the price went up. They havent raised the price, its wallstreet that has drove the price up on oil.

Take turns with your buddys driving to the fishin hole. Anything to drive less and get the demand down so they can go back to supplying us with cheap gas!

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im glad you said it brother...technicly(sp?) I cant because the guy were talkin about is my commander in chief:wink: :lol: .

17. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I'm just glad they can have a good time sking while I'm struggling to keep my electric bill paid so I can have AC. :choler:

18. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I hope I live to see the day when we won't "need" them anymore!

19. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay ace i will take some of that 2.99 its 3.06-3.15 here and its not getting any better

20. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    dont blame Bush! He doesnt control the markets or making new laws! Blame the hyppocrites in congress! Has anyone noticed that congress again voted themselves a raise? The price of a gallon of gas doesnt bother them, they voted themselves an extra $3300 a year, but did nothing to the minimum wage!
    As far as im concerned, we liberated kuwait several years ago and as reward and payment Kuwait should be sending us at the least discounted oil, if not free!!! when all is said n done, we will have liberated 2 countries very rich in oil, kuwait and iraq, but you think they will sacrifice all their wealth and riches to reward us in any way? Hell i say we annex those countries that U.S. soldiers are dying in and take the oil for free!!!