Why I like the HI area

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Nov 8, 2005.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Well, you get to "butt heads" without anyone really getting hurt.
    hey I can bore Dano to sleep beating my dead horse, I can disgust Sal with country music lyrics, and so on. Shawn and I rearely agrre on anything except that he can't fight physically. (LOL)
    I for the life of me,cannot understand why some get so worked up because there is a HI area on a catfishing website.
    My thoughts? I think it keeps the heat out of the main threads about catfishing.
    We have sections for nearly any and everything here. If a topic gets to heated,well then the trusty 4-headed mod monster will move it to HI.
    Makes sense to my feeble mind.
    Come on, we argue and trade verbal punches a lot,but, it's all in "the hest" of the moment. At least I don't think it lasts very long. I've seen people go at it tooth and nail on one topic and then agree on another.
    Isn't that what a "family really does?
    Do you always agree with your family members? I know I don't.
    If you get a little too heated in a thread, back off, settle down and give it a second thought.
    JMHO but I think thats it's needed.

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm gonna take my marbles and go fishing! :p

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Keith, I think it is a love/hate relationship for me. I laugh and shake my head at times, then other times my bad nerves come into play and I hate it. I especially dislike it when the same political bashings keep happening. I think we all know where and how most of us stand so why keep bringing it up? I would rather read a joke or discuss why and when we have blue moons or something. LOL. Personally I come here to relax and possibly learn something from someone else. Perhaps there should be a POLITICAL HI forum for those that want to keep "butting" heads as you call it. Of course jokes and such probably belong in another section, unless they have foul language, so maybe I'm in the wrong section? I don't know but I have 5 brothers and yes we have family disputes and some have never been resolved and probably never will be but that's life, I guess. Some pains run too deep. I wondered when I was in my 20's and 30's how families at work could work together but NEVER speak or acknowledge one another EVER. Maybe that is something I should have never wondered about because fate sent me the knowledge first hand and I sometimes wish the family was close as it once was, but I wouldn't change what part I had in it, because I was defending my Father and Mother as they always did for me when I was younger. So I guess it's a double edged sword and somehow the bad that happened was for the best in the long run, in my situation. I have one Brother that accused me of causing him to be outcast from the family, but it was his own actions that caused my words and he can't deal with that, so I got the blame. That's why I love to wear my BLACK SHEEP hat from the John Anderson band so much. Funny thing is that 2 of my other brothers want the hat. LOL.

Life is a funny thing. There is good and bad in everyone, just as in life there is good and bad, but we must strive to be more positive than negative and make a difference, if just in ourselves. JMHO :D

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I didn't know you had any marbles RamRod, LOL :p :p :D !!! Besides, I don't think that marbles will make good bait,LMAO!!!

I enjoy the HI area, it is always good for a laugh or two. Sometimes it can get downrite boring and most of the time it will keep your blood pumping :D !!!

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    heck with the hi area. bout cost me a couple of fellas hating me. lol. we now talk alot back and fourth. glad to be away from it. don't know where its even at now and gald. i would have surley been suspended if ide kept posting there, lol. no kidding. im never getting involved in union or political conversations here. ill stick with arguing j against circle hooks. lol. i don't have the restraint and love the b.o.c to much to even ask how to get into the hi int area. keep it for the mellow fellows.

6. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Great post Cheryl!
    jeremy,for the last time bro,
    IT's Circle hooks, no J-hooks!
    :D
    Same here, sometimes I'll "bow out" for a little while and then return.
    Guess you gotta take everything with a grain of salt.

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    It has been difficult, but I have learned to laugh it off when the heat gets extreme.

I love the place. I really really have a lot of fun in there. Most of the time it is getting under the skin of a few folks that I select to be my "muse for the moment", and with them,I play on words and crack lil jokes and even engage in heated stuff... but mostly that sort of banter comes from either of two places- 1) I find their post to be too silly to take seriously and I let loose and get silly. 2) I find the post so incredible that I gotta say something just to keep a human aspect.

I think the HI area is a good place for that. It is the heat diffuser for the rest of life, for work, and for me it is also a place where I can go into a group of set-minded fellas and remind them of the other way of looking at it. I understand that as men get older sometimes their colons slide all the way down to their shoulders.... so I reset that as a courtesy. Free of charge!!! :D

Oh yeah... and kieth's constant country singing- cause everyone jost LOOOOOOOOOOVES country music around here. (...zzzz...)

Guys and girls, if you hate High intensity, youre taking it the wrong way. It is a mental chessboard. It is a verbal battleground where nobody is supposed to get charred to a crisp. This after all is a brotherhood and by that I hink a safe outlet is necessary for cohesion.

Plus, there int no other place to store all that cabbage.

Cheers to all. See ya there.

Sal

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    its kahle hooks you blockhead .........:rolleyes: get it right

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    The HI area is wonderful at times, and at other times, I just want to stay away from it. We have had interesting debates on some of the threads. We have had wonderful jokes, ie the ____Abby threads. Some just get rediculouts with too much outside information in them.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    How in the heck did this come up and why is it in this area.

I'm there out of respect for Family posting area, minors, joking, using words phases subjecting that is not about fishing etc.
    I'm not there to just bump heads.
    Again, what brought this thread on anyway.

Blows my little mind

11. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I like the HI area because I can say things I wouldn't normally say here in the highly moderated area. Tdawgnok is a closet bassfisherman and DRC doesn't know his butt from his elbow.

Just kidding, I like this area cause it helps me to get some steam off of my chest and get into some good banter with friends. Most of the time they know I'm kidding, and I enjoy it when I get into a little yelling match with one of my friends here. I guess it helps blow off a little steam while I'm at work!

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Hey Shirely!!!! I thought you went to HI for controversy yet your two opening sentences simply restate truths that are self evident to all BOC members.You are going to have to do better than that!

13. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I have to agree with DRC it is Kale HOOK'S get it right for once in your live Keith.....LOL

14. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Gator, its "life" not "live" get it right for once in your life. LOL :p

15. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Spelling isn't a pre-requisite to membership on this site!

Get a life- though if you dont, it is your right. Get rights for once. Get whites for once in your life. Wife, lets get it right. White lights have no rights. Light rights for life are alright but lack might.

LOL- just fussin at ya
    aww fooogetaboutit
    Sal`

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    What I Did on my Summer Vacation
    or
    Why I Like HI

It makes me exercise my brain, have intelligent (most of the time :p ) conversation with people from different walks of life, and is a great place to sound off or rant. I'm honored and privileged to have a great bunch of minds to think with and against in there. ;)

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jen you sure you got the right HI site.Great minds?????? Cmon Sal is in there. I know you are looking Sal!!!!!!

18. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Thanks jim for acknowledging my great mind.

Sorry I didnt have time to plan a retort in kind, but I was waiting for someone to post a reply with the words "horribly antagonistic" in it and it just didnt happen.

Guess you lose.

muahahahaaaaaaaa

(Brings pinky ring to lip: a-la Dr Evil)
    MUAAAAAAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Sal

19. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    :p Jim, well, Sal and I are usually on the same team, and they say great minds think alike...roflmao...and I also said that most of the time we have intelligent conversation... :eek:

J/K, I love you guys! :wub:

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    No problem SAL I understand the delay.That Websters is heavy and figuring out where the H's are wow that is tough.Sorry to hear Jen is usually on the same side with you,if they had a sympathy button I'd send her ten points.I try and stay out of there but as long as you guys have fun more power to you.