Why I like the B.O.C.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Dec 18, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Number 1 reason of course is it is a catfishing site,,There are many other reasons also..I was a member of the old B.O.C. For a few years, I hardly ever posted, because I was used to the virtual bullitin format the the new B.O.C. uses, and I did not like the layout of the old forum, sorry just being honest :D ,I told my self if the boc ever changed formats it would be hands down the best catfishing site on the internet. And now I feel it is...In the short time I have been here I have met some nice people who I would consider friends, even if they are internet friends...I think the site will get much better as we grow, and spring fishing season starts...I personally plan to add alot of topics and fishing pics when the weather breaks..It is nice knowing you have people here you can shown off your catch to and they wont think you are bragging...I belong to other fishing forums, one is a large Ohio forum, I have a lot of post there, but have slowly moved away from there because the catfishing talk has gotten less and less, and most of the people are bass and walleye fishermen who look down there noses at catfishermen..I also am a moderator at a fairly large hunting and fishign combo site, which I am slowly loseing interest in also....But I know I am here to stay..It also helps to know my views as a catch and release catfisherman are respected, even if they are not agreed with by some..Heres to many good years to the B.O.C..And I hope we are up to 10000 members by next christmas..

My Thanks to Paul, and everyone else who has made this site a sucess!

2. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Jack,good post!
    I couldn't agree with you more!This site is one of the few that the
    people here show each other respect.Lot of sites you go too,are real clanish,but i haven't seen it here!All you have to do here is speak up.Seems like everyone here is willing to share what they know.Can't say enough about this site and it's members.I can't wait to get on here an see whats goin on.
    Great pic of you and the cat,Jack!
    Ernie

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    great posts.
    i will have to agree on one thing even when they disagree here it is done in a adult and respectful manner. and that i like. i was a mod and super moderator on a couple of other sites non fishing related i quit both since if found this place this year. sure love going to a place with no forum trolls and forum rambos.

4. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Great post, Jack!

5. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    again, great posts. i love this site. it is really the only site of its kind i ever even bother with. i think one of the best things about it is the people. the honesty at which most of us will try and answer questions and try and help our fellow catmen out. you dont see this kind of thing from the bass crowd. i also love the fact that there are so many of us practicing cpr. this is really a relatively new thing in catfishing. i thank god for doug stangey and those guys over at infishermen for really getting this thing out to such a large audience. catfish deserve the same if not more respect as bass and other big game species and infishermen really did alot ot get this thing going now its up to us to try and educate people as well. we need to get the word out about this site to as many people as possible. the old site had a place where you could download a flyer to post . is there one here anywhere? we all need to get some of them and start posting them in baitshops and stuff. if any of you guys can help i would appreciate it. thanks.

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    this is a great site and it will be around for a long time to come...
    another that is going to make it is one of our sponsor if you haven't checked it yet you need to go to the where i fish link on the top of the page and sign up..it's free also.....

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27: with flathunter & all of my "New" Brothers & Sisters that I got to know since I joined the B.O.C.
    My Catfishing Family is growing all of the time. ("and that's a good thing")!
    As far as Catfishing (of any kind), The people on the B.O.C. are the "Best out there today"! :0a23:
    :thumbsup:

Bert :cool:

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea, sure...... Your only saying that becasue your freakin picture if on the front page! Just kidding :D

I too love the BOC, it's wonderfull.

9. xpressed

xpressed New Member

State:
    MO.
    This is my first post, registered the other day. Been lurkin around BOC for a few weeks reading posts. Been a catfisherman for over 30 yrs. To be honest I don't usually get involved to much on these kind of sites, because it seems to somehow turn into arguements over non fishing topics. I have'nt seen that here in the last few weeks, so here I am willing to share and maybe pick up a few tricks on a sport I really love. MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    This is simply the best, most informitive, friedliest place on the web for fishermen to hang out!!!

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I couldnt agree more! :)

12. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jack,

Your back at the tip of the BOC spear. Was making changes earlier based on e-mail inputs from members.

Congrats on the show-case!

Thanks,
    Paul

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    :0a25: xpressed!
    Lot of great folks here. Look forward to seeing and shareing some fishing ideas with you.

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jack very good post! I like the new B.O.C. because I taught myself to navigate this new site. I try to learn more each day. :D

15. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Good post Jack. I'm like you and have several other sites I visit and I'm a mod. on a hunting/fishing site. Your right about the catfishing talk starting to slow down quite a bit. I love catfishing and that is why I always come here and this is the best catfishing site around. Glad to be a part of it.

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Excellent Post! Congrats on the mascot pic at the top of each page as well!!! :thumbsup:

17. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    Here Here! I'm new to BOC also, it's an awsome website. Friendly folks who aren't afraid to share tips and tactics. I find myself going into it on a daily basis now, I look forward to sharing pics and stories with you all. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

18. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have been enjoying my stay on the new B.O.C! My hats off to Paul and the crew! good job.

19. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    I have met some genuine good people from the BOC events we had at Irvine. Really cool guys and some guys who serve our country. Without a doubt some good sticks too.

20. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    I gotta admit that I like the site alot! I was a member of the old site also. I mostly just read and post once in a while. Since the site changed I like it a lot better! I do wonder what happened to some of the people that posted alot on the old site though? As far as I'm concerned this is without a doubt the best fishing site I've ever visited!!!! :) I have visited lots of sites, however most of them I never return to as they are BS & not worth the trouble. Also I like the fact that it is obvious that the people here truely enjoy helping each other! :) I've seen a lot of guys/gals here that I believe I would really enjoy fishing with when I get moved back home to Possum Kingdom Lake, TX from WA State! Can't wait to get back to fishing for real fish. The only fishing here that even compares to catfishing is sturgeon in the Columbia river. They are big & almost as much fun as flats. Again GREAT SITE! :)