Why I Hate Coyote!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Ace, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I was deer hunting in Chester South Carolina Oct of 2005.
    I shot a young spike buck for the freezer and the deer ran into a thicket .
    I went back to camp to get my son to help find the deer.
    About two hours had passed by the time we got back to the woods.
    I had seen a coyote early that morning pass in front of my stand but I could
    not get a shot at it.My son found the deer shortly after we returned .
    The coyotes had all ready found him .Both hams were gone. They ripped out his intestines and eat his liver and kidney. :cursing:

Any one out there know how to get rid ot these pest?

Ace :thumbdown

Attached Files:

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    My father in law had a small problem with coyotes on his farm, I say had cause he has shot a few and problem has gone away. I have been told that donkeys will chase wild dogs and coyotes. As the farmer to the east of my father in laws has 3 of them and no dog or coyote problem. I don't know what your lawsare up their but if it was my property and legal I would shoot them.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Yeah Ace back in 1990 they said we had coyotes in 26 counties of SC by 2003 they said they were in all 46 counties. I seen one on a hunt back in 2004 and I think I may do some coyote hunting.

4. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    They must have been hungry. Nothing but bones in one week!

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i hunted a ranch in texas back in the early 90s. the rancher said the last thing on earth would be coyote and a cock roach. the only two live creature that could crap and eat it....lol

6. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    That is something. I have started hunting them son of guns this year. I haven't seen any, but my one friend has missed three on our hunting trips. There are more coyotes than people think.

7. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We hunt them a call is not that much and it is alot of fun.

8. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    See if its legal....then get yourself a gut-pile, a spotlight and a 12gauge with no.4 buckshot.

:cool::cool::D

9. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Those darn things are bad in TN especially on Fort Campbell military reservation. We hunt there alot and are highly encouraged by the TWRA to shoot all them critters when we see them. I hunt with another BOC brother(Aftercats) and he shot a 50 lb male this year deer hunting. We will cintinue to shoot them until they are under control or all gone. I also agree with Triggerhappy (gutpile, spotlight and alot of buckshot)

10. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvania just changed the law here two weeks ago. You can hunt them 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, decoys, bait, lights, calls, up to 3 shot buckshot. :p

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    DAM! Now ya gotta say that is immpressive. Here in Jersey there have been several spotted in the southern most countys. Not to the degree that you are all talkin about, but we have em. From what I hear and I know nothin about them,they are a tuff animal to hunt. Pretty shifty from what I understand. Looks kinda like our own version of a hyena. LOL!

12. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

you guys just need a handful of some trappers to take care of it,if i were there i would do it fo ya

13. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    It wild that they got to it that quick. Usually takes overnight. Time for a hunt.

14. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Get RoadRunner to lead em' off a bluff :D
    No, seriously they are a real problem here in Missouri too.They are way over populated.There just isn't as many people killing them as there used to be.I can remember when it was common to see them hung across the fences along the roadways but not anymore.I do my part to thin em' out but they should put a bounty back on them like there once was.

15. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    In South Carolina its unlimited caliber and unlimited season. The DNR said to kill every one I see. I don't kill just because I can but with coyote I don't have much choice. They have killed several dogs in my area and since I have 8 Dachshund I can't chance it.

16. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Id love to hunt some. ANyone in SW Ohio coyote hunting and need an apprentice drop me a line..

17. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    we slaughtered the american Indian buy killing their food and now we are going to kill other animals because we want their food.

Shame on us.

Danny

18. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    In Kansas there is no closed season on coyote and no bag limit...a furharvester license is not required....they may be shot at night time with the aid of artificial lights and bait...they are shot from airplanes...they are poisoned...they are ran with the aid of dogs...there is at times a bounty on their hide...if you can think of it...it's been tried. And yet there are more yote's than you can shake a stick at.

Good luck eradicating the coyote...YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT!!

19. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My wifes little poodle got to where he knew how to get out of our yard when we would let him out to relieve himself. One time he got out and was gone over night. When he came back he was all bloody. I thought he had been shot. But after we cleaned him up it looked like something had tore him up. That didn't teach him a lesson and about 2 months later he got out again but this time he didnt return. I am assuming the coyotes got him cause we have alot of them here.

20. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    all you need is a 22 250 a scope spot light and a rabbit in distress call and a stuffed toy bunny on a spring then givem hell