Why I HATE cold weather fishing but still do it

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Flootie16, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The only reason i hate cold weather fishing is cuz I am one of those guys that likes to fish in a pair of shorts and cut off shirts and wear flip flops that rarely stay on my feet. But when it gets colder out I have to start wearing pants sweatshirts and worst of all..Shoes! I hate wearing shoes to fish in! and in the winter time i have to wear my bibs and carhart coat and boots!!!! Thats almost enough to keep me from fishing. If it werent for some great fishing I wouldnt do it. But man I love getting those winter time blues! :cool2:

2. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Amen bro!!! I have gotten to the point where I like to fish more in the winter than I do in the summer. Less traffic...less people...more fish and they are very predictable in the winter.

3. Beacher

Beacher New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah' i hear ya seems like the bigger blues are easier to taget in the winter we've got some new spots we are going to try this winter all we need to do now is stock up on some big skips so we will have plenty of bait

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah winter time blue fishing is so much easier cuz they are schooled up most of the time real thick. it might take a little longer to find them sometimes. but once u do it doesnt matter what u throw at them shad skips mooneye my shoes! they tear it up!

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    what i hate is my reel freezing and not getting it to engaged when i get a bite. hand to line combat. lol