WHY do you love your area's lake, river or stream?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Here are pics of some of my reasons. In the Garden Talk area are more reasons under Fall is setting In, or some similar title I started there. CRS is on the loose tonight.
    (and PMF's too)

Take care.

2. Best part about some of my spots back home in Nebraska is that not many people will fish there. There are so many good days you could sit and never be bothered by man nor beast.. but maybe a few mosquitos.

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I love it because the Ohio River is two blocks from me and offers some of the best catfishing in the country. And I love being out there at night watching the barges move up and down the river and it being so peaceful and quiet.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sounds awesome, Cade, except the mosquito part. They love my blood for some strange reason. I read somewhere the other day to take a zinc tablet and something else. I hate to use and carry OFF or 3M 8hr repellent, but the itching drives me insaner.

Got any pics of the area?

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Is that where you caught that huge cat, Max?

Peace and quiet are great too! You know when the lake and forest have forgotten you are there, the birds start singing, the fish start jumping and all is right with nature.

Got any pics to share with us?

Take care.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The pics don't show the Holston Mountain in the background. It was a hazy day. I can at least see the mountains from my kitchen window. I miss living nearer to them, as I used to do. Then there is another place near here that is awesome just for the mountain views, alone. Between TN and NC.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love my favorite river because it is only 3miles from my house..It has some nice fishing spots for big fish..I hate my favorite river in the summer time because it has to many people on it..After Labor day, I have it almost to myself.

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Ya know what they say about people that work at 3M don't you?.... They really stick to their jobs!...LOL!
    I apologize, I couldn't resist.. I think that Pa. has some of the best views in the country, especially along the Pine Creek gorge. Just beautiful!

9. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    I love Pine Creek also! It's like the land that time forgot. Simply put...Beautiful!

10. Afraid I dont, but TA2D might be able to hook you up with a few of our honey holes.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Because there mine......there mine........there mine I tell you there mine........HA..HA...HA...HA.... there mine....all....mine

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
  13. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I love my Ohio River....Its my favorite place in the world!!!

14. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't really get pics of what I love about the place I fish. There are some lights around, but sitting alone at night there is a wonderful view of the stars.

I love being around the smell of water with fish in it too.

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Those are some very fine photos you took. It looks so peaceful.
    Bill

16. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Just off Wolf Creek Rood at Bogard's Point.

Attached Files:

• mm.jpg
      mm.jpg
      File size:
      15.1 KB
      Views:
  17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I agree! PA is alot like TN, but the mountains may be higher there. I stayed at Lackawanna State Park in 1982 and it was beautiful! Thanks for the pics.

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Will you nudge him and ask? Thanks.

19. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like my "home lake" due to it proximity to my home. I like my "home creek" for the same reason but also the solitude it offers. I like all waters for the fishing and relaxation they offer.