Why Do "YOU" Like To Fish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Dreadnaught, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I know I have posted this before, but with all the new members on here I just thought it would be a good idea to start it again. The responses last time were great and these should be too!!!

Please tell us why you fish!!!

2. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    for some reason i love to be on the river. oh and catfish are cool. oh and peace and quiet. oh and a 40 pounder tuggin at a pole or jug.

3. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    I love fishin' because you can get out there and not a person in this world can bother you. Most of the time the best fishing holes don't even get cell phone reception. LOL God has a good sense of humor. But the best time is when you have a buddy or two with you. Makes life good on slow days.

4. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    its relaxing and my way to destress... plus at night its so peaceful and calm until the fish hits then its a thrill a minute wondering how big the fish it till you get it up

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

It's a plesant distraction from the everyday grind, and the idea of attempting to out smart another living creature makes me want to be out on the water.

Ray

6. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Fishing is a challenge and I truley love a challenge. The more effort one puts into it, the more we get out of it. We are never too old to learn something new and new things are coming out all the time. Most people are always willing to help someone no matter what.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It gets my fat ass away from this screen and gets me movein about like people are supposed to. LOL!

8. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    That's where I get my serenity,the queitness,the peace,the relaxation THEN THE ROD STARTS TWITCHIN!:evil-big:

9. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hmmmm!! this is a hard one JW, I guess after thinking about it, I guess I like to fish to Catch fish !! Maybe even enjoy the outdoors a little. And watch you get mad at your poles when you go to cast and the line gets all tangled up.. lol

Thats what makes a fishing trip all worth while !! :)

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish to catch fish, if I am not catching fish I dont enjoy it..I live for the thrill of a big fish on the line...I dont get thrilled very often;)

11. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well, I have to say there are two reasons for me, personally. The first is that I like it since it is (mostly) a solitary thing, although I occassionally go with a friend or two, and I enjoy the peace and tranquility. The second is that fishing is an addiction. I havent caught anything since winter started and I am almost jumping out of my skin with excitement for spring. I dunno if anyone else is like this, but I sure am :D

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You are not alone, Man!!!

13. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i dunno....i wish i could give ya a straight answer but i cant. i just know that i enjoy it more than anything.

14. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Like barbel said earlier, fishing is an addiction. When I was around 10yrs. old, I hated fishing. Then I moved to a house near a pond. I started going fishing due to bordom and I haven't stopped since.

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

its my get away from work and life.for what ever reason when i am out on the river ijust feel better,there is nothing about it i dont truly love

16. KYCATFISHHUNTER

KYCATFISHHUNTER New Member

State:
    NORTHERN KENTUCKY
    The Reason I Love Fishing Is Its Like Being In Another World. It So Peaceful And Relaxing, And Having A Nice Blue Of Flat On Your Line Is A Great Fight.

17. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    Every Day Fishing is an Extra Day in Your Life

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I don't really know why, and I have said the same thing about hunting when asked this on a deer hunting forum.

Is is relaxing? Sure, but sitting in my recliner in my trophy room is more relaxing and less trouble to do.

Is it the outdoors? Sure, I like that aspect, but I can drag my recliner on my back deck a lot easier than loading up the gear and heading out.

What about the challenge of it all? Raising kids is a challenge. Keeping the greass green in a dry summer is a challenge. Why would I go out looking for another one???

The closest explanation I have is that it is something primal, something deep down inside me that pits me against animal. There are other little things that over the years I have come to enjoy about fishing like the scenery, the people you meet, the fresh air, but all of those are really a side show to the main event.

I know I made a connection at an early age with fishing by going on family fishing trips, and I know that same early childhood connection was made with hunting. Now I wonder if I had never been exposed to hunting or fishing, and I was suddenly exposed to it today, would I still have the same attraction. Well, we will never know the answer to that, but I do know that a lot of thoughts around hunting and fishing go back to childhood. A lot of the desires and feelings I can link to childhood, so maybe fishing is just an excuse for grown men to play…and that it is ok to do that.

19. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Let's see, night on a river listening to the current run into and over logs and such, warm breezes, moon rising over the trees, crickets and critters making their sounds, the smell of the bait and boat and conversations that make you wonder how in the world did that get started but your glad it did because you haven't laughed like that since your last fishing trip. Oh, don't forget the things that your 1,000,000 candle power light shines up for you to see on the bank. Our best view with the light was a bobcat hunkered down by a tree just checking things out. May not be too big a deal for some of you but seeing a bobcat in Iowa is about like seeing a moose in Iowa, it's been done but not very often. And, my personal favorite, watching a thunderstorm coming in and the repeated, "I think it's going around us." It just isn't a fishing trip if you aren't run off the water by a lightening storm.

20. Dennis69498

Dennis69498 New Member

State:
    Spain
    Hi, Ilike to fish for the mighty Wels Catfish on the river Ebro in Spain, Thats why I moved here to live in 2002.
    Dennis69498